When the Mo’rokai special event for Dota 2 Battle Pass owners released with the Immortal Treasure II last week, it was a mess and honestly, I am not sure if Valve will please all the fans as the event seems a bit lacklustre. However, the developer is improving Mo’rokai by squashing bugs and adding some little things to make it a better experience.
With the latest Dota 2 update, Valve has added two guaranteed bans for each time, which is a great addition since now I can spam ban sniper in every single game. Another great change for Mo’rokai is that experience, gold and essence gain has been increased by 30%. The game mode simply felt too slow if you ask me and this puts it between turbo and regular Dota in terms of gold and experience.
Valve is even rewarding players for a loss now and after checking out the new changes and fixes to Mo’rokai for myself, I can safely say things are moving in the right direction, slowly but surely. Check out the Dota 2 update notes below which focus only on the Mo’rokai special event.
- Added a 100 point reward for losses.
- Increased the point reward for winning to 300 from 250 (the total for winning with a bonus token is unchanged).
- Jungle Map and Weather effects are no longer automatically applied
- Each team now has two guaranteed bans.
- Increased experience, gold and essence gain by 30%.
- Wagering and Tipping have been added.
- Updated the Mo’rokai Event page in the dashboard.
- Penalties are now being assessed for abandons, and games should now be correctly marked as safe to leave when appropriate.
- Fixed a bug that prevented wins from applying towards Jungle Expedition and Daily/Weekly Quest progress.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to not be assigned a hero if they were disconnected during the hero pick phase.
- Fixed a bug that caused bonus tokens not awarding the correct number of additional points. Players are being granted 1000 points for each bonus token consumed, up to that users point cap for the week in which it was consumed.
Oddly enough, my weekly quest progress still didn’t move after the update, nor did the daily hero complete after a win in Mo’rokai. Hopefully, any additional issues with the special Dota 2 event will be fixed soon as it took long enough to release.
What do you think about the Mo’rokai special event and the fixes Valve have deployed? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- The Witcher Netflix Series Will Have a Bathtub Scene - 22nd Jul 2019
- StarCraft 2 Personality iNcontrol Passes Away at The Age of 33 - 22nd Jul 2019
- Apex Legends on Consoles – Respawn Working on a Way to Stop M&K Players - 22nd Jul 2019