According to a post on Comic Books Galaxy, a CD Projekt Red employee leaked information to them about the developer's next big game, Cyberpunk 2077. The leaked information all falls in line with what we already know about Cyberpunk 2077, so it could very well turn out to be true.
The leak revealed three important features of Cyberpunk 2077:
- It will be “almost” four times bigger than The Witcher 3 (all expansions and DLC's included).
- CDPR will use the same seasonal system in Cyberpunk 2077 that they used in Witcher 3.
- Cyberpunk 2077 will have “dynamic destructible areas.”
If Cyberpunk is about four times bigger than The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, then we're looking at a game that will require around 140 GB hard drive space. In a 2015 announcement CD Projekt Red did confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 would be a huge game, with a magnitude “much greater” than the Witcher, and that it will be “even better, even bigger, even more revolutionary than originally intended.
The leak supposedly provide an example of Cyberpunk 2077's “dynamic destructible areas,” and it does sound fascinating. “An example provided was that if a gamer engages in a firefight and the surrounding area is damaged, they may come back later to find some robots or androids repairing or rebuilding the place,” explains Comic Books Galaxy.
You might recall that CD Projekt Red stated in their 2015 financial briefing that they were busy developing things “that nobody has ever done before.” Could Cyberpunk 2077's “dynamic destructible areas” be one of those things? Very likely.
However, until CD Projekt Red reveals more about Cyberpunk 2077 we can just speculate and hope. The only footage we have of the game was the 2013 teaser.
More about Cyberpunk 2077
- Cyberpunk 2077: Do you braindance, baby?
- Cyberpunk: More than High-Tech and Low Life
- Cyberpunk 2077 might feature vehicles and multiplayer
Latest posts by Han Cilliers (see all)
- Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Gets First Official Teaser - 11th Dec 2018
- Swords are Coming to Fortnite Battle Royale & the Storm King Arrives - 11th Dec 2018
- Journey Comes to PC For The First Time - 10th Dec 2018