Latest posts by GlitchedAfrica (see all)
PlayerUnknown's Battleground and Fortnite have more than the popular battle royale mode in common – both continue to smash records. While Fortnite is currently free-to-play, you have to pay to play Bluehole's Early Access game which is still only available to PC players. Fortnite's numbers currently far exceed those of PUBG, but that is because the title is available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. PUBG will see a release on the Xbox One Preview Program later this year. But let's talk the latest records.
- PlayerUnknown's Battleground passed the 2 million (2,016,498) concurrent player mark on Steam.
- Compare that to what used to be the king on Steam, Dota 2, with its lifetime record of 1.3 million.
Clearly, the recent server lag issues and over 20k negative Steam reviews, as a result, didn't slow things down for PUBG. Bluehole issued an apology and promised to improve the experience for players, the numbers show that they delivered on the promise.
- 10 Million Battle Royale players in two weeks
- 44 494 571 Total numbers of hours played
- 58 925 337 Traps found
- 797 785 423 Walls, stairs, floors, and ceilings built
- 6 957 908 Umbrellas earned
- 292 715 319 Number of people who have jumped from the Battle Bus
If there's one thing these two games have taught us, it's that both PC and console gamers are obsessed with playing Battle Royale.