Recently it felt like there wasn’t really any action-RPGs to play on consoles, especially on PS4, until Path of Exile got released. Now, there is suddenly another awesome ARPG to look forward to for console gamers. Runic Games and Perfect World has announced that their awesome ARPG released all the way back in 2012, Torchlight 2, will finally make its way to current-gen consoles thanks to Panic Button.
If you haven’t heard of Panic Button before, they are the ones Bethesda trusts with porting Wolfenstein to the Switch, so there’s some great talent at work, to say the least. Torchlight 2 has always been just on PC even though it was one of my favourite ARPGs at the time. The game, however, probably got a bit overshadowed by Diablo III, which released in the same year.
There is no trailer or screenshots for Torchlight 2 at the time of writing and no specific release date as well. However, Panic Button does work pretty fast the announcement revealed a “Fall 2019” release window, which is between September and December for South Africans.
For those who have no clue what Torchlight 2 is all about, check out a description and key features, as well as a trailer for PC to get yourself acquainted.
About Torchlight 2
The award-winning action RPG is back, bigger and better than ever! Torchlight II is filled to the brim with randomized levels, enemies and loot. Capturing all the flavor and excitement of the original, Torchlight II expands the world and adds features players wanted most, including online and LAN multiplayer. Once again, the fate of the world is in your hands.
- Characters – With four classes to choose from, you’ll have a variety of play styles at your fingertips. Each class can be played as either male or female, with customized cosmetic features and looks to make your hero stand out.
- Multiplayer – Play co-op with your friends via LAN or over the Internet for free. Our matchmaking service lets you connect and play games with people around the world.
- Open-World – Explore the vast overworld and multiple hub towns of Vilderan. Fight through rain, snow, day and night. Level randomization ensures new layouts, paths, loot, and monsters every time you play.
- New Game Plus – In New Game Plus, the game’s not over until you say it is. Once you’ve beaten Torchlight II‘s primary campaign, you can start again with the same character for a significantly greater challenge. You’ll keep all the skills, gold, and gear you worked so hard for!
- Pets and Fishing – These popular features make their return in Torchlight II in improved form. More choices, better effects, and your pet will still make the run to town to sell your loot so you don’t have to.
Would you play Torchlight 2 on a current-gen console and did you play the PC version when it launched in the day? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Dota 2 Young Invoker Hero Persona Gets Unleashed for Battle Pass Owners - 20th Jul 2019
- 50 Fantastic Video Game Deals From South African Stores - 19th Jul 2019
- South African Developed GORN Slashes its Way Out of Steam Early Access - 19th Jul 2019