Big things are happening in Fortnite’s Battle Royale and Save the World modes. A few days ago Epic announced the start of Season 7, and now they’re teasing swords for battle royale as well as the arrival of the Storm King for Save the World.
If you defeat the Storm King in Save the World, then he will reward you with something special. His defeat is also the conclusion of the Canny Valley Act 3, something Fortnite players have eagerly been waiting for. As such, taking him down will be no mean feat as it will test your building and fighting skills to the max. Don’t forget to enter the fray with at least three friends. This is one battle you don’t want to take on alone. Below is a list of the rewards you’ll unlock if you defeat the Storm King.
- Your first win against him unlocks Anthony, the final member of Steel Wool. You also get a Legendary Weapon Schematic, RE-PERK and Epic PERK-UP.
- Every win thereafter to a maximum of once per day (either by yourself or by helping a friend) unlocks a Miniboss Mission Alert Reward.
- Every completion unlocks 4 to 5 caches containing a mix of Epic or Legendary Schematics, Perk Materials and Evolution Materials.
If you defeat the Storm King before 01 January 2019 you will also unlock the Storm King pin. Make sure you follow the special conditions set out by Epic to become eligible to receive the pin. Even though defeated, the Storm King will make a return in upcoming events.
Last night, Epic teased the arrival of Swords in Fortnite via the official Twitter account.
Coming soon… a weapon fit for a King 🗡👑 pic.twitter.com/n3kMDCS5IH
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) December 10, 2018
You might recall that the Fortnite Season 7 announcement video showed Sergeant Santa wielding a massive sword. Swords have been part of Save the World, so it makes sense to include it in the Battle Royale mode as well, especially as there is currently no melee weapons (discounting the pickaxe).
What I find even more interesting than the Excalibur move shown in the teaser is the location. If I am not mistaken then it is Polar Peak, one of the three new locations in the Iceberg Biome. Could it be a village or some such thing that’s hidden beneath the ice?
Latest posts by Marco Cocomello (see all)
- Rumour – PS5 to Release on 4 December 2020 - 18th Oct 2019
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Will Have a Battle Pass Instead of Loot Boxes - 18th Oct 2019
- Netflix Reveals its Most Popular Shows and Movies of 2019 - 18th Oct 2019