Epic Games continues with their promise to deliver a free game every two weeks for a year and some of the titles have been awesome. Even when the title wasn’t big, none of the free games were poor experiences and the next free game from Epic is no different. The next free game coming your way later this month is Stories Untold and horror/puzzle fans out there won’t be disappointed.
Before we get to details on the next free game from Epic, don’t forget that you can grab World of Goo for free starting today. You have until 16 May to grab the game and it will be yours to keep forever, so just head on over to this link to get it.
From 16 May until 30 May, you will be able to pick up Stories Untold for free by heading to this link. Stories Untold is a horror adventure-puzzle game developed by No Code and published by Devolver Digital. It released back in February 2017 and has an 81/100 critic score on Metacritic, while Steam reviews are “very positive”.
Check out a story description, features and a trailer for Stories Untold below.
Stories Untold is a narrative-driven experimental adventure game, that bends the genre into something completely unique. Combining a mix of classic text-adventure, point-and-click and more, 4 short stories are packaged together into a single mysterious anthology that has been described as “a fantastic, fascinating example of interactive visual storytelling” and earning widespread critical acclaim since release.
The game pulls together 80s retro nostalgia, innovative and experimental genre-defying gameplay, and tense, psychological horror to create “one of the most fascinating and unique tales you can play this year.”
• Four unique stories, with their own settings, gameplay and mechanics.
• Play mind-bending text adventures, process radio transmissions and conduct experiments on bizarre artifacts
• Gorgeous retro-aesthetic brings back vivid memories, or a glimpse into what was.
• Sublime synth-wave horror soundtrack, inspired by 80s horror soundtracks.
• Achievements to unlock, and narrative secrets to discover
• Genre-hopping: from psychological horror, to tense mystery and terrifying sci-fi; Stories Untold is truly “4 stories, 1 nightmare”
That does sound pretty good and from the trailer that you can view at the bottom of this article, it has that creepy, almost twilight zone vibe to it.
What do you think about the next free game from Epic and do you grab these freebies each month? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- FIFA 20 Juventus Changes After PES 2020 Exclusivity Deal - 18th Jul 2019
- StarCraft Cartooned is Nostalgic, Cartoonified Bliss – Hands-On - 18th Jul 2019
- Elon Musk’s Neuralink Unveiled: Brain-Reading and Controlling Tech With Your Mind - 18th Jul 2019