Last week, we reported on a rather nasty issue that popped up when users installed a Windows 10 update (KB4482887), which resulted in degrading mouse as well as graphics performance in certain titles such as Destiny 2. This was quite a serious issue for many PC gamers out there and the only way to fix it was to uninstall the update. Now, the latest Windows 10 update has fixed these issues.
It is nearly two weeks after the Windows 10 update released that caused these issues (1 March), so Microsoft has taken quite some time to get a new update out. The new update is called KB4489899 (OS Build 17763.379) and after you have installed it, your gaming-related issues caused by the previous update should be gone.
There are no new features in the update as it is all about improvements and fixes:
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft HoloLens with tracking and device calibration that has affected some users. You may notice improvement 10-15 minutes after installing this update, but we recommend resetting the holograms for best results.
- Addresses an issue that may cause users to receive “Error 1309” while installing or uninstalling certain types of MSI and MSP files.
- Addresses an issue that may degrade graphics and mouse performance with desktop gaming when playing certain games, such as Destiny 2, after installing KB4482887.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Shell, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers, Windows Server, Windows Linux, Windows Hyper-V, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Wireless Networking, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows, and Windows Fundamentals.
It looks like this update is basically to fix what the last update broke, as we reported about Error 1309 as well, which users had to ignore when they tried to install certain types of files according to Microsoft. So how do you install it? Well, Microsoft says Windows Update will do it automatically. At the time of writing, I have not received the KB4489899 update yet, so they are probably still rolling it out.
What do you think about the fixes and improvements in the latest Windows 10 update and do you suffer from those mouse and graphics performance issues? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- CD Projekt RED Will Still Release Two AAA Games By 2021 - 22nd Mar 2019
- Dota 2 DreamLeague Season 11 Major Coming to an End This Weekend - 22nd Mar 2019
- Grab Two Free Games Right Now And Keep Them Forever - 22nd Mar 2019