It’s always wonderful to see when a tech giant hides a little Easter Egg or just does something fun. Google has been on a roll lately and for its 20th anniversary, allowed users to explore the garage where it all started via Google Maps. Now, thanks to an eagle-eye Redditor, a secret has been uncovered. Yes, there is actually a hidden game in Google’s code and you can try it out right now.
The hidden game in Google’s code
Testing out and getting sucked into the game this morning was a joy, but don’t expect some crazy AAA title. It is a text-adventure like we used to play in the old days, telling quite an interesting story. You use simple commands to move in four different directions, or “grab” items and open your inventory.
It’s pretty fun if you ask me and I can’t help but wonder if this is part of some bigger Easter Egg hunt. You can try it out yourself by following the simple instructions below. Note that this does work on Firefox as well, but I highly recommend using Chrome to avoid any bugs or issues.
- Head to Google.com using Chrome
- Type in “Text Adventure” in the search box (without the quotes obviously)
- Search and after the results appear, press “Ctrl+Shift+J”
- On the right side, you will see a section pop up that asks you if you want to play the game with a Yes/No option
- Choose Yes and bob’s your uncle.
Your objective is to collect the missing letters of the Google logo and sure, it does sound simplistic enough. However, it is awesome to see Google doing something like this and I, for one, enjoyed it quite a bit.
What do you think about the fact that Google hid a text adventure in the search engine code? Will you give it a shot? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Grab The Awesome Subnautica For Free Right Now - 15th Dec 2018
- Latest CS: GO Update Brings Welcome Changes to Danger Zone - 15th Dec 2018
- YouTube Rewind 2018 Now The Most Disliked Video Ever - 15th Dec 2018