Ever wanted, more than anything else, to know how it feels to crash a car as Richard Hammond, drive really slowly like James May, or play as a giant baboon? Well, Amazon Game Studios wants to make that dream come true with The Grand Tour Game. The game looks unique as it seamlessly transitions between watching the show and being behind the wheel yourself. Basically, you play the show and with each episode of the upcoming Season 3, you will be able to play it.
Related: Forza Horizon 4 Review
Expect all the over-the-top action, crazy scenes and all three characters we’ve come to know so well over the years, ever since that show that shall not be named. In the trailer you can view at the bottom of this article, James May introduces the game and it shows how the game cuts between live-action and gameplay. Best of all, you won’t have to be near Clarkson to have that experience, according to May.
One thing to notice is that this will be an episodic game (obviously) with a Season Pass. At the time of writing a specific release date or local pricing. Further, the game’s website only shows PS4 and Xbox One, so it might not come to all platforms.
The Grand Tour Game is reinventing the way we watch and play. One moment you’re seeing the hosts attempt some glorious automotive impossibility… the next you’re at the wheel yourself – same car, same location, same chance to make a massive mess of it. The Season Pass for The Grand Tour Game will be available beginning with Episode 1 from each of the show’s first two seasons. New episodes will be added weekly when Season 3 of the show debuts, capturing cars, locations, and surprises from each week’s episode. Now the fun doesn’t have to end when the show’s over—in fact, it’s just beginning
According to the developer, the game will also have a four-player split-screen multiplayer mode “delivering over-the-top power-ups and constant replayability.”
In a Press Release, all three stars of the show had something to say about the game:
- Jeremy Clarkson – “It’s a video game featuring me, the crashy one, and the slow one. That’s all you need to know. If you’ve always wanted to come on the road with us, this is as close as you’ll ever get. Unless you kidnap James and steal his face.”
- James May – “If you’ve ever wanted to do my job, now you can. Obviously not literally, it’s just a game, so please don’t go through the drawers of my desk.”
- Richard Hammond – “I live in the deep countryside, so frankly I’m impressed by anything that runs on electricity. But I have to admit this game is particularly brilliant, especially the four-player split-screen.”
Check out the trailer of The Grand Tour Game showing seamless transitions below and then tell us what you think.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Cyberpunk 2077 E3 Plans Revealed by CD Projekt - 24th May 2019
- Celebrating The Five Unsung Heroes of Multiplayer Games - 24th May 2019
- Earthshaker Arcana Unleashed for Battle Pass Owners Level 365 and Higher - 24th May 2019