For those of you who want to try out The Division 2, you can right now in the open beta on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, totally for free. That’s one great step Ubisoft is already taking to show off the game, but what about post-launch content? Well, it looks like The Division 2 post-launch content plan is fantastic, offering the first year of content (3 expansions and more) free to all players.
For those who don’t want to download and play the open beta, check out our private beta video below.
As you can see, we already have some high hopes for The Division 2 and can’t wait to see what the full game has to offer, especially in terms of endgame content. The Division 2 post-launch content plans have been fully revealed by Ubisoft and there is also a Season Pass, which might seem a bit strange considering the Year One content will be free to all players. However, this will all be explained, but first, let’s look at The Division 2 content plan as explained by Ubisoft.
In Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, we are focused on offering you an exciting endgame experience on Day One. What’s more, we are committed to bring you more content regularly, that we believe will improve and renew your experience every time you spawn in Washington D.C. To that end, we will release three Episodes during the course of Year 1, expanding on the story of The Division 2. These Episodes will introduce new narrative driven content, as well as new ways to play the game. This additional content will be free for all players of The Division 2. Alongside the Episodes we will also release three brand new Specializations for you to take on Washington’s challenges in a new way, each of them bringing a new unique signature weapon and skills tree to unlock and master.
Ubisoft promises regular updates with Quality of Life improvements, new events, loot, cosmetics and bug fixes. Apart from that, there are also three story-driven episodes making up The Division 2 post-launch content plan.
- The first Episode, D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions will take you to the surrounding areas of Washington as you chase down elite members of the Outcasts and the Black Tusks and fight for the liberation of the city in new locations.
- The second Episode, Pentagon: The Last Castle will bring you to one of America’s most iconic locations to unveil what secrets lie inside this well protected maze.
- Our third Episode will conclude Year 1 of The Division 2 and pave the way for more thrilling content.
The Division 2’s Year 1 Pass
That’s the free content coming to all players, so what’s up with the Year 1 Pass then? Ubisoft explained the benefits of the Year 1 Pass. Check out the exclusive content for Year 1 Pass holders below.
- 7-Day Early Access to Episode Narrative Content
- Owners of the Pass will have a 7-day early access to the narrative content only, included in all Year 1 Episodes.
- Instant unlock of the Year 1 Specializations
- At launch, The Division 2 will include three Specializations, instantly available to everyone when reaching max level (Level 30).
- Throughout Year 1, we will release three additional Specializations for your agent. Year 1 Pass holders will unlock these new specializations as soon as they’re released.
- For those who do not have the Year 1 Pass, specializations will be released at the same time, but must be unlocked over time through gameplay.
- Year 1 Pass holders will also be able to earn exclusive cosmetic items with each Specialization’s release.
- Exclusive Access to Classified Assignments
- Over the course of Year 1, Pass holders will have exclusive access to 8 Classified Assignments, which will provide more story behind the events leading to your arrival in D.C.
- Completing each assignment will award you with a unique and exclusive backpack trophy to customize your Agent’s look.
- Additional Bounties and Projects
- Bounties in The Division 2 are special tasks to eliminate specific enemy targets, while Projects are assignments to complete various tasks around D.C.
- As a Year 1 Pass holder, you will get access to one additional Bounty per week and one extra Project per day for a Challenging mission.
- This perk ends on March 1st, 2020.
- Exclusive Cosmetic Items
- Year 1 Pass holders will get access to these exclusive rewards: the Agent Ward Outfit and the Scout emote.
That doesn’t sound too bad at all if you ask me as you don’t have to purchase the Year 1 Pass to get a great experience either way. There’s one little thing, and that’s loot boxes. Ubisoft calls them Apparel Caches and they will be introduced shortly after the release of the game. That, combined with the Year 1 Pass, is the monetization for the game post-launch.
However, these Apparel Caches will be cosmetic only. Ubisoft explains that:
Shortly after launch we will be adding the first purchasable Apparel Caches. These Caches will contain cosmetics only: no weapons, crafting materials or other gear. Acquiring a Cache will never provide any type of advantage.
Our intention is for players to organically earn new pieces of Apparel as they enjoy the many different activities of The Division 2; getting cosmetics from gameplay should be fun, exciting and rewarding. For those who wish to speed up this process, or acquire specific Apparel, there will be choices to directly purchase individual cosmetics in the Apparel Store, or via Event Caches post launch.
What are your thoughts on The Division 2’s post-launch content plans? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Cyberpunk 2077 E3 Plans Revealed by CD Projekt - 24th May 2019
- Celebrating The Five Unsung Heroes of Multiplayer Games - 24th May 2019
- Earthshaker Arcana Unleashed for Battle Pass Owners Level 365 and Higher - 24th May 2019