You are either playing RDR2 or wishing that you could. My guess is that the latter group mostly consists of PC gamers, and if so, we have yet another discovery that suggests Rockstar is indeed working on a Red Dead Redemption 2 PC version.
The latest evidence comes from Rockstar Intel who uncovered a long list of files in the Red Dead Redemption 2 Companion App. The files also show a possible VR version.
- PARAM_FrameLimit – A framelimiter.
- PARAM_DX11Use8BitTargets (Probably due to Xbox One.)
- PARAM_HDStreamingInFlight – Present in GTA V (PC)
- CommandIsPcVersion(void) 000000000166A12C
- SIGNIN_PC_APP_URL 0000000002A51F58
The above discovery marks the third round of possible proof that a Red Dead Redemption 2 PC version might be in the works. In June, a Rockstar programmer supposedly leaked the PC version on his LinkedIn profile. Earlier this month, MediaMarkt who is considered to be one of Europe’s largest retailers for consumer electronics, listed a placeholder for the RDR2 PC version.
Rockstar did release both L.A. Noire and Grand Theft Auto V on PC a few months after the console versions, but the Red Dead series has always been a console exclusive.
Could Rockstar break with tradition and release its first PC version? Rockstar Intel’s discovery also includes a long list of files that show various PC parameters. Check it all out here.
Latest posts by Marco Cocomello (see all)
- The Next Call of Duty Might be Called Just “Modern Warfare” - 26th May 2019
- Huawei Now Banned From Using MicroSD Cards - 26th May 2019
- Apex Legends Revenue Fallen 75% Since Launch – Twitch Numbers On An All-Time Low - 25th May 2019