There aren’t many freebies that are actually worth picking up these days. Most of the time, it is some indie title you never heard of or a game so old that most gamers never really care. However, this is not the case today as you can grab Metro 2033 for free right now and keep it forever.
In 2010, A4 Games created Metro 2033 and it simply blew us away with its graphics. The game was used as a PC gaming benchmark for such a long time and still today, it looks fantastic. It’s a great post-apocalyptic title that takes place mostly in a subway of Moscow, complete with a great story (based on the novel series by Dmitry Glukhovsky) and some fantastic gunplay.
Grab Metro 2033 for free on Steam right now. All you need to do is head to the game’s product page and click install to add it to your library. After you’ve added it, the game will be yours to keep and play at your leisure. Note that the free offer expires at 19:00 South African time today, so hurry up. Keep in mind that this is not the Redux version, but the original version.
Need more convincing to pick up the game’s awesome series? Well, then read the game’s description, key features and check out the trailer below.
Set in the shattered subway of a post apocalyptic Moscow, Metro 2033 is a story of intensive underground survival where the fate of mankind rests in your hands.
In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.
The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside.
You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised Underground. Having never ventured beyond your Metro Station-City limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat. Your journey takes you from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the desolate wastelands above, where your actions will determine the fate of mankind.
- Metro 2033 is a gripping, atmospheric first person shooter experience powered by cutting edge technology, featuring full DX10 and NVIDIA PhysX support for high-end gaming PCs, to deliver incredible visuals
- Witness the everyday horrors of a broken society living in constant fear
- Brave the darkness of the tunnels, where mutants hunt their prey and ghostly spirits lurk
- Explore the desolate city-surface, trusting your gas mask and rifle to protect you from a poisoned world and the creatures that roam there
- Steel your nerve and prepare to face the terrors that await
So what are you waiting for? Go grab Metro 2033 for free before the offer expires.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Epic to Release Cross-Platform Services For Free - 13th Dec 2018
- Deep Learning Super Sampling Unleashed With Latest NVIDIA Driver - 13th Dec 2018
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Review - 12th Dec 2018