Developer Epic Games continues to improve on their extremely successful title, Fortnite. With Season 8 came some audio improvements already, as well as an Apex Legends-style ping system and much, much more. However, Epic wants to bring even more Fortnite Audio improvements that are expected to release with update 8.01 in the near future.
There isn’t much wrong with the game’s sound if you ask me, but that isn’t stopping Epic from planning some more Fortnite audio improvements in the upcoming update. Fortnite’s technical sound designer, Seth Weedin, took to Reddit to discuss the upcoming Fortnite Audio improvements, outlining the changes and fixed in bullet point form. Check out the list of improvements below.
- Improvement to the standard AR sound so that it’s not overbearing on the shooter. Tightened up the sound, so it’s more of a BLaaam versus a BLAAAM.
- Building Piece destroy sound is louder when instigated by enemies. Helps mitigate scenarios where “that guy Hand Cannon’d a wall behind me and I didn’t hear it”.
- Footstep audio blends in the above/below layers, rather than abruptly switching between them. Prevents jarring footstep transitions between floors directly above or below. Should clear up some confusion.
- Footstep occlusion traces from the heads of enemies when they’re above or below. This helps mitigate scenarios where an enemy has line-of-sight on you but their footsteps still sound muffled/occluded.
- Reduce volume of the S8 palm tree umbrella. This only affects the umbrella open/close layers. Don’t worry, the steel drum riff volume is preserved.
What do you think about the upcoming Fortnite audio improvements and what do you think about the game’s audio right now? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- CD Projekt RED Will Still Release Two AAA Games By 2021 - 22nd Mar 2019
- Dota 2 DreamLeague Season 11 Major Coming to an End This Weekend - 22nd Mar 2019
- Grab Two Free Games Right Now And Keep Them Forever - 22nd Mar 2019