Yesterday, DICE rolled out the first Battlefield V update for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 for those who own the Deluxe Edition. The update also enables Ray Tracing for Nvidia’s GeForce RTX 20 series GPUs. The Battlefield V update fixes one of the most annoying issues we’ve experienced over a couple of sessions these past few days – that of the revive feature suddenly not functioning anymore.
Squads will also be happy to know that they should be able to connect with all four members with fewer disconnects as a result. DICE also fixed the issue where you sometimes join a match with the player distribution being unequal. The Airborne game mode received a few tweaks, and server stability should show a clear improvement after the update.
The PC update size is 1.56GB (ignore the Origin message that says it’s a 16GB update), Xbox One gets a 530MB update and the PS4 350MB.
If you’re still on the fence about buying the game and you want to know about the local multiplayer experience, then check out our Battlefield V first impressions. If you’ve purchased the Battlefield V Deluxe Edition then the game unlocks for you today. You need to start that 50GB + download as soon as possible.
Battlefield V Update Notes
- Fixed an issue that could result in a very uneven number of players at the start of a round.
- Made improvements to matchmaking with a full squad which should result in less disconnects.
- In some cases, the revive functionality would suddenly stop to function for all of the players on a server. This has now been fixed.
- Further improvements to game client stability have been made.
- In the Airborne game mode, spawn protection has been added when attackers spawn into planes. The planes are no longer as vulnerable to AA fire as they used to be at longer distances.
- Fixed an issue in Airborne where the bomb carriers could finish arming the objective even though they were dead.
- Players can no longer shoot down airplanes too quickly in Airborne, which could result in the attackers not being able to spawn.
- In War Stories, players are no longer able to collect Letters while playing offline due to them not being able to update the persistence counters, which requires an online connection.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon would disappear on the weapon selection screen.
- Fixed an issue in Frontlines mode on Devastation where the bomb in some rare cases spawned inside a wall.
- Fixed an issue which made the menus unusable when cancelling a matchmaking session.
- Fixed an issue with the lens sight alignment on the MP34 weapon.
Xbox One Only
- Improved how the game resumes when using the Xbox One Instant-On function.
- RTX ray tracing can now be enabled with graphics cards that support this function.
See you on the battlefield!
Latest posts by Han Cilliers (see all)
- Prepare for a Frosty Battle Royale Adventure In Fortnite Season 7 - 7th December 2018
- The Game Awards 2018 Winners Announced - 7th December 2018
- PlayStation Classic Console Had 36 Games That Did Not Make it to Release - 6th December 2018