While the Katowice 2019 Major continues on (now 50% off on the Viewer Pass) and we’ve been treated to a tonne of amazing CS: GO esports matches, Valve continues to improve the game as well. In the latest CS: GO update that dropped in the early hours of the morning, Valve has made a bunch of improvements to the battle royale mode, Danger Zone, tinkered with three maps making several changes and improvements, and more.
Ever since Valve released the CS: GO Danger Zone update, things haven’t been the same. The game went free-to-play with this battle royale mode that felt a little lacklustre. Then, all the cheaters flooded in, resulting in over 1 million bans last month.
Now, Valve is making some improvements to Danger Zone. In the latest CS: GO update, Valve also made several adjustments and fixes to three maps, namely Abbey, Biome and Zoo. Check out all the changes as per the CS: GO Blog below:
- Added “auto-fill squad” option for Danger Zone games and made all games to have squads of two players. Deselecting the “auto-fill squad” option allows players to play solo for additional challenge.
- Spectators can press alt+number to select spectator targets with numbers greater than 10.
- Squads now show their number and color on the overview map for spectators.
- Number keys now select Danger Zone squads and not individual players.
- Spectators can cycle squad members by pressing the same squad number key or “minus” key (this feature is toggled with sv_dz_spec_group_teams).
- Next and previous spectator commands will now group players in Danger Zone squads consecutively.
- Players on a Danger Zone squad show their spectator panel colored to their squad color.
- Updated the Danger Zone squad colors to work better overall with the overview image and make them easier to see.
- Player eye lines in spectating and other elements are now colored to match their Danger Zone squad color.
- Fixed spectator cameras selecting cameras that were over 2000 units away from the target.
Map Adjustments & Fixes
- Fixed floating flower
- Fixed drawing distance on few props in middle area
- Changed texture in the underpass for better visibility of CT models
- Added clipping on the ramps to prevent weapons being dropped there
- Added smooth clips
- Removed pixel angle on B ramp from Ivy
- Fixed z – fighting in the house on B bombsite
- Fixed collision on crate model
- Added painting
- Renovated library
- Fixed some models not being rendered in water reflection
- Can now jump on crates at A
- Improved visuals on high settings
- Reduced bombsite explosion radius
- Visual improvements
- Fixed several bomb stuck spots
- Swapped swat vans for generic vans
- Removed an invisible brush blocking grenades at Aquarium T side double doors
- Improved movement through hole in rocks at the back of Seals balcony
- Rotated Seals infoboard at mid
- Disabled collisions on ceiling beams at mid
- Removed hiding spot below Lemur treehouse
What do you think about the improvements made to Danger Zone as well as the changes to the three maps? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- The Largest Video Game Collection World Record Set - 20th Mar 2019
- New CS: GO Update Adds Vertigo to Competitive, Removes Cobble & More - 20th Mar 2019
- Eskom’s Loadshedding Update is Terrible News for South Africans - 20th Mar 2019