With the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) Halloween event now complete, Valve has decided to clean things up a bit getting rid of the spookiness. With the latest CS: GO update comes some changes to Cobblestone, removed the Halloween decorations and added two maps to Competitive matchmaking.
A few weeks ago, Valve released the Biome and Subzero maps into Casual Matchmaking. Now, the developer has decided to add them to Competitive Matchmaking. I personally dislike Biome a bit and in the latest CS: GO update, there are no changes to either Biome or Subzero as they enter Competitive Matchmaking. However, there are a bunch of changes to Cobblestone and if you throw all these small changes together, they become quite significant.
Check out the changes to Cobblestone below:
- Removed Halloween decorations
- Removed cover in corridor leading to B plat
- Added lore to A site bombtarget
- Opened up windows from B halls towards site
- Re-enabled boost on B site
- Lowered cover in headshot position in Long A
- Reduced amount of coffins
- Increased amount of wood barrels
- De-spookified cbble loading screen
- Exorcised and dusted the cbble radar
It seems like Valve is experimenting quite a bit with changes to Cobblestone and using the Halloween event to do it is a nice touch. The latest CS: GO update also includes some Scoreboard additions, which you can check out below.
- Added clinch marker to the timeline. The timeline will now show the earliest round at which the match can end, and which team can win the match on it.
- Scoreboard player stats now support any number of rounds. Player stats will no longer reset every overtime.
- Added more stats to Demolition and Flying Scoutsman.
All things considered, it is a decent update for CS: GO and it will be interesting to see how players respond to Biome and Subzero in Competitive Matchmaking.
What do you think about the latest CS: GO update and the changes it brings to Cobblestone? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Epic Details List of Upcoming Fortnite Bug Fixes - 25th Mar 2019
- Latest Dota 2 Update Brings Nerfs to Mars and More - 25th Mar 2019
- Next Free Game From The Epic Games Store Revealed as The Witness - 23rd Mar 2019