That nasty CS: GO smoke exploit has been around forever, or at least it feels like it. Even though Valve has been quite active, removing both Austria and Subzero from official matchmaking recently and adding Abbey and Zoo to competitive matchmaking, with a tonne of adjustments to the map, we’ve been waiting for them to fix the CS: GO smoke exploit.
The latest CS: GO update’s patch notes can probably be written on one’s hand, it is really that small. However, fixing the CS: GO smoke exploit is a big deal. Hundreds of fans thanked Valve when the developer announced the fix on Twitter. Basically, your radar could spot enemies through smoke on servers with certain tickrates, revealing enemies on the opposite side of the smoke before the effect dissipated. Now that this CS: GO smoke exploit is fixed, you can rest easy that if you get shot in the head through smoke, it was luck or skill, not the exploit at work.
Even though many fans are happy about this little update, some feel that it has taken Valve way too long to fix the issue. It is hard to argue with that, since Valve has been busy updating the game and letting this CS: GO smoke exploit go on for a long time now. Keep in mind that CS: GO is a very competitive game, so things like this should be fixed as soon as possible if you ask me.
Check out the full update notes below:
- Fixed the ‘radar spotting enemies through smoke’ mechanic to behave the same regardless of the game server tickrate, and to not reveal enemies on the opposite side of the smoke until the smoke effect dissipates.
- Increased size of rendering queues for OSX and Linux game clients to address crashes when playing Danger Zone.
Even though small, the latest CS: GO update brings an end to that nasty smoke exploit, which makes it a significant little update and a step in the right direction. Now, Valve should just ban another 1 or 2 million accounts this month and we will be happy.
What do you think about Valve only fixing that nasty CS: GO smoke exploit now? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Cyberpunk 2077 E3 Plans Revealed by CD Projekt - 24th May 2019
- Celebrating The Five Unsung Heroes of Multiplayer Games - 24th May 2019
- Earthshaker Arcana Unleashed for Battle Pass Owners Level 365 and Higher - 24th May 2019