After participating in both the standard multiplayer and Blackout beta’s for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, I was left impressed. The Battle Royale mode, Blackout, could just become the new king of the genre. Developer Treyarch is doing an excellent job with this title in the longstanding franchise, but what about post-launch plans which is always a worry for some. As it turns out, the Black Ops 4 free content plans sound impressive.
Treyarch announced some of their post-launch Black Ops 4 free content plans in a recent post, thanking the community for their support and inspiration. The developer is on point communicating with the fans and notes that they will continue to do so going forward.
Our goal is to deliver a steady stream of content to the entire community – the most active calendar of events in our history, period. Following launch, we’ll continue to add a variety of free content for the entire community across Multiplayer, Zombies and Blackout.
Further, Treyarch notes that they are working hard to make Black Ops 4 something that is “truly extraordinary” for the whole community to enjoy together going forward. That’s excellent to hear, as I’ve always through content being behind paywalls splits up a community so much. This is especially true in smaller communities such as South Africa.
Black Ops 4 Free Content
Some of the Black Ops 4 Free Content coming our way have been detailed by Treyarch. More details will become available when dates for content drops are announced. However, Treyarch did give some examples which you can view below.
- Nuketown: An all-new take on this fan-favourite map will be landing in November for all players to enjoy.
- Specialists: We have a number of new Specialists already in development, with our first brand new character coming in December.
- Blackout: There are so many places that we want to go with this game mode. The map and gameplay rules that you’ll experience at launch are just the beginning. We will continue to support the community with map updates, expansions and new Blackout modes for everyone.
- Events: In addition to the content above, we have many seasonal and time-limited events that will deliver new game modes and content to all players.
This is, quite honestly, the first time I’ve been excited for a Call of Duty title in several years. It always felt as if when one Call of Duty releases, the previous one is left behind. For Black Ops 4, this might not be the case and steady support for the game going forward is a fantastic move.
What do you think about the Black Ops 4 free content plan and Treyarch’s commitment to the community? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- The Largest Video Game Collection World Record Set - 20th Mar 2019
- New CS: GO Update Adds Vertigo to Competitive, Removes Cobble & More - 20th Mar 2019
- Eskom’s Loadshedding Update is Terrible News for South Africans - 20th Mar 2019