BioWare had a “rocky” weekend when it released the first VIP demo for Anthem. After looking at what didn’t quite go according to plan, BioWare has now detailed Anthem improvements before the upcoming open demo, happening this weekend (01 to 03 February 2019).
The past VIP demo weekend for Anthem didn’t go as smoothly as BioWare had hoped. Luckily, the game developer decided to learn from what didn’t go according to plan and worked on improving some of the issues players experienced.
We learned a ton about our game, our service, and you, our community. We’re working hard to ensure everyone can enjoy the game exactly as we’ve designed it.
This is the list of Anthem improvements BioWare has worked on before this weekend’s open demo:
- Entitlement bugs;
- Server performance updates to address much of the rubber-banding;
- Fixes for infinite loads and more being investigated;
- Platform bugs to validate Javelin unlocks; and
- Client and platform login bugs.
BioWare has also stated that it will continue to do scale testing before the open demo, planning on a rush of players this Friday. The developer also confirmed that it has sorted out the infinite load problems which was one of the main issues players were experiencing over the VIP demo weekend, which is one of the main Anthem improvements the developer is introducing.
The developer went on to note that it’s working on a big list of Anthem improvements for the game’s February 22nd launch, which won’t make it to this weekend’s open demo. These Anthem improvements that BioWare is working on include:
- Weapons with 0% infusions;
- Weapons with a bonus that applies to different Javelins;
- Plot integrity/party gather issues;
- Changes to Javelin unlock behaviour;
- Fixes for losing XP at the end of some expeditions;
- Performance improvements;
- Additional stability fixes;
- A Social Hub: The Launch Bay and
- And a few thousand more (literally)…
Despite the issues experienced, the VIP demo weekend seems to have been pretty successful, with BioWare reporting that 9 million hours across the 2.5 days the demo was open, was played.
Anthem releases on 22 February 2019.
Are you going to be playing the open demo this weekend?