Apple released the official South African pricing for Apples cheapest new iPhone; the iPhone XR. Last month, the new iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max released in SA and the prices are rather crazy.
The iPhone X (ten) R are not only cheaper but also available to purchase via Apple’s partnership with FNB Credit Card. Pre-orders open on October 19, and it is expected to arrive in local stores on October 26.
To give you an idea of the price difference. The 64GB iPhone Xs cash price is R21 999, while the 64GB iPhone XR is R15 999; making it R6000 cheaper. The iPhone Xs is R8000 cheaper than the Xs Max.
*FNB Credit Card Payment Plan, price per month over 37 months, a 40% trade-in value after 24 months.
From this coming Friday, Vodacom and MTN customers can now pre-order their contract upgrade for the iPhone XR via the online stores. The iStore offers two options for purchase:
- Maximum Flexibility (Max Plan) offers two options. You can upgrade your iPhone every year by trading in your previous phone. Or you can pay off your iPhone with a 23-month payment plan.
- Minimum cost per month (Min Plan) – The second payment plan works much the same as the first option, just with different periods. Trade your current iPhone after 24 months for a new one, or pay off your phone over a period of 37 months.
If you purchase the iPhone XR via myistore.co.za, you qualify for the two-year extended warranty deal. Included with it is one Apple Certified screen repair that normally sells for R1 999. The offer ends on December 31, so best to secure your voucher online right now and redeem it when you upgrade or purchase a new iPhone.
The new display on iPhone XR is the most advanced LCD in the industry. An innovative backlight design allows the screen to stretch into the corners. So you see true-to-life colour from one beautiful edge to the other.
Some of the most important iPhone XR features:
- Charge your phone wirelessly
- Your face is your password; allowing you to log into apps and accounts with only a glance
- Dual-camera system with a 12MP rear camera
- 4K video with up to 60fps
- Full-screen 6.1-inch LCD display
- IP67 water resistance
- Available in six colours
According to Apple, the Intelligent A12 Bionic is the “smartest, most powerful chip in a smartphone.” It delivers up to 50% faster graphics performance with up to 50% lower power usage. The A12 Bionic runs on an 8-core neural engine that boasts up to 15% faster performance cores. The iPhone XR is a baby version of the XS but you cannot argue with that price tag. We hope to get some hands-on time with it in the coming weeks and perhaps do a full review of the device soon.
Latest posts by Marco Cocomello (see all)
- The Next Call of Duty Might be Called Just “Modern Warfare” - 26th May 2019
- Huawei Now Banned From Using MicroSD Cards - 26th May 2019
- Apex Legends Revenue Fallen 75% Since Launch – Twitch Numbers On An All-Time Low - 25th May 2019