Mini retro consoles are nothing new at this point, but it is still something cool to have and that’s where Konami’s TurboGrafx-16 mini console comes in. Announced at E3 2019, Konami revealed the TurboGrafx-16 mini console to the world alongside a trailer, the first six games and features.
If you think the mini console sounds familiar, then you would be right. The TurboGrafx-16 was originally released back in Japan in 1987 and was then called the PC Engine. This little piece of legendary gaming hardware is now making a comeback. With the announcement, Konami revealed some features as well as the first six games in this compact version of the console.
- Save at any time with Quick Save! – The console features a Quick Save function that allows you to save at any point during a game. Save your progress and continue playing when it’s convenient for you!
- Choose from various display modes! – Not only is the console ready to plug and play using the included HDMI cable, it also features different modes that let you choose how your games look, such as by replicating the scanlines on a CRT TV.
- Simultaneous five-player gaming with a multitap! – By using a multitap to connect additional controllers, up to five people can play together simultaneously. Multitap sold separately.
The Six Games Announced
The first six games that have been announced for the mini console are:
- New Adventure Island
- Ninja Spirit
- Ys Book I & II
- Alien Crush
- Dungeon Explorer
At the time of writing, local pricing and availability have not been confirmed. However, I, for one, am excited to see this little mini console in action and it could be a great collector’s item or just a way to experience those retro games.
Check out the trailer for the TurboGrafx-16 below and then tell us if you would be interested in the mini-console from Konami.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Dota 2 – Valve Announces the Location for TI10 - 26th Aug 2019
- OG Wins The International 2019 and Claims Over R239 Million - 26th Aug 2019
- Next Two Free Games From The Epic Games Store Revealed - 25th Aug 2019