It’s Friday which means there’s yet another free game for PC gamers to grab on the Epic Games Store and keep forever, or at least until the inevitable robot uprising occurs and we all have to move to Mars to get away from it all. This week’s freebie is Surviving Mars, a city-building game from developer Haemimont Games and published by Paradox Interactive.
Surviving Mars has seen some great reviews from critics since it’s release in March 2018. This free game from the Epic Games Store sits on a 76/100 Metacritic score and on Steam, it has “Mostly Positive” user review ratings. All you need to do to make this free game yours forever is to head on over to this link and claim it before 17 October 2019.
Sure, Surviving Mars might not be as big of a game or a freebie collection as the six Batman games we got for free last month, but it is still a great title from Haemimont Games and Paradox Interactive that you can enjoy. Check out a description of the game as well as key features and a trailer below.
- Building a sustainable colony in space – Building on a planet not fit for human life challenges you to build a smart, functional colony. Bad planning isn’t about traffic jams, it’s about survival of your colonists. You really don’t want rolling blackouts in a city constructed in a place without oxygen.
- Individually simulated colonists – Each colonist is a unique individual with problems and strengths that influence the needs and behaviour of the other colonists. Things can get really interesting if your chief scientists develops alcoholism after one too many long nights in the lab.
- Futuristic Space Dome construction – Retro-futuristic super structures housing colonists, factories and commercial buildings with their own “neighbourhood personality.” Create colonies that value science over everything else, while tired workers drink their pay away at a local bar, or attempt a utopia among the stars.
- Exploration of Mars’ secrets – Inspired by the classic sci-fi of Asimov and Clarke, Surviving Mars holds many secrets. During each playthrough players may encounter one of Mars’ individually crafted mysteries. Uncovering these secrets might bring your colony great fortune, or terrible ruin. What is that sphere that manifested itself outside colony HUB B, and is it friendly?
- Randomized research tree – Combine static and random research through experimentation, which allows for a different experience for each journey through the game. Attain new scientific breakthroughs by exploring the uncharted terrain of Mars’s surface.
Do you plan on picking up this free game from the Epic Games Store and have you been wanting to play Surviving Mars from Haemimont Games and Paradox Interactive? Let us know in the comment section below.