It is almost that time of the year again as the Rush Esports event and Geekfest 2019 is around the corner. There is some really great news about two of SA’s best gaming and geek events. They are now taking place at the same time in the same place!
Geekfest 2019 and Rush Esports will both be on the same time at the same venue which is a fantastic example of the local industry working together to build something bigger and better (looks at Comic Con Africa). The collaboration between the two means that geeks will get a taste of some awesome local esports and gamers will get a taste of some awesome local geek. If you love both already, then its a win-win!
The two conventions will take place from 28 – 30 June 2019 at the Sun Arena at Times Square in Pretoria. Michael James, Senior Project Manager for Rush says that “Rush is excited to be collaborating with GeekFest. The audience that comes to Rush will definitely find something interesting at GeekFest, and in the same way, those pop culture enthusiasts that come to GeekFest will be excited to experience a variety of live esports events all under one roof”
Dark Carnival’s Richard Harman is proud to partner with Rush and believes the synergy will bring a whole new dynamic to both events and cater to all fans of Geekdom.
Check out what went down at last year’s Geekfest event that we covered down below;
If you purchase a ticket to Rush Esports, you will gain access to Geekfest and Geekfest tickets include access to Rush Esports too. Tickets start at R120 for a day pass and R300 for a weekend pass.
- When: 28, 29, 30 June 2019 (Friday 10am – late | Saturday 10am – late | Sunday 10am – 5pm)
- Where: Sun Arena, TIme Square, Pretoria
- Tickets: R120 – Day Pass | R300 – Weekend Pass | R250 – Player Pass (for players competing in tournaments)
- Available now at Ticketpro
Latest posts by Marco Cocomello (see all)
- Take-Two Teases Unannounced New Games Coming Before March 2020 - 14th May 2019
- Apple Releases iOS 12.3 With a Revamped TV App and Security Features - 14th May 2019
- Detective Pikachu Review – Every ’90s Kid’s Dream - 14th May 2019