Fortnite and YouTube have joined forces to give players loot for watching videos. Epic is now rolling out a new feature that will reward players with various cosmetic items for watching matches on YouTube.
The new collaboration is called “Drops” and allows players to earn exclusive Fortnite cosmetics after linking their Epic Games and YouTube accounts together. Once linked, users can watch certain Fortnite events and earn cool rewards.
According to Epic, users only need to watch 20 minutes of broadcasts in total to receive rewards and each specified stream will have one specific loot drop. Of course, all the streams you need to watch are related to the upcoming Fortnite World Cup with the first being the Game Jam Hollywood.
Epic posted a guide on how you can link your accounts together so you can earn the rewards while you watch the games;
- Sign in to YouTube in a desktop browser.
- Go to Accounts and select Settings.
- Under the “Connected accounts” section, select your Epic Games account.
- If you do not already have an Epic Games account, create one then start at Step 2.
- Click or tap Connect
- Sign in to your Epic Games account.
If you want to start earning rewards then make sure you tune into the below streams with the first one kicking off on 25 July at 18:30 South African time. After the first Game Jam Hollywood, the Fortnite World Cup matches will follow in the below order;
- 25 July – Game Jam Hollywood premiere.
- 26 July – Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 1 live broadcast.
- 27 July – Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 2 live broadcast.
- 28 July – Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 3 live broadcast.
You can read more about this over on the Epic Games blog.
Latest posts by Marco Cocomello (see all)
- Next-Gen Games You Will Already Own Before the PS5 Releases - 21st Aug 2019
- Death Stranding “Only on PS4” Label Returns Causing More Confusion - 21st Aug 2019
- Sony Pulls Spider-Man Films Away From Marvel – Official Statement Released - 21st Aug 2019