In the highly contested Battle Royale genre, especially after the release of Apex Legends, it is tough to stay ahead. One way to make sure your game remains on top is to deploy fixes and squash bugs before they annoy players right into the arms of a shinier game. Developer Epic Games knows this all too well and has addressed the community about Fortnite bug fixes coming in update v8.20.
Just like any other game, Fortnite isn’t perfect. Some notable Fortnite bug fixes coming in the next update include a fix to the issue where the game ignores a player’s squad preferences, as well as a fix to those pirate cannons that send players flying into a different direction than expected.
Epic Games’ community coordinator, Sean Hamilton, addressed the game’s community on Reddit, explaining that not all the Fortnite bug fixes might make it to the update v8.20 and sometimes, fixes deployed do not work. Epic is also investigating an issue where shotguns refuse to fire in some situations.
Hey folks, thanks so much for these reports! We’ve sent off any new issues brought to our attention over to our QA team for investigation.
In the meantime, we thought it’d be nice to let you know some of the fixes we hope to get into the v8.20 update. Keep in mind, while we’re confident in the majority of these fixes, there’s always the potential for a fix to not work as expected or make it into the patch.
Once v8.20 release you’ll be able to check out the Patch Notes to confirm what made it into the release. Please continue to let us know if you experience an issue. Thanks!
Check out all the Fortnite bug fixes that will likely make it into update v8.20 soon.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating..
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.
Have you run into any issues lately while playing Fortntie and what do you think about the planned Fortnite bug fixes coming with the next update? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- New Starfield Details Shared by Bethesda - 14th Jun 2019
- Fortnite Could Have Been Cancelled Before it All Began - 14th Jun 2019
- One Fan Has Seen Avengers: Endgame 116 Times For a World Record - 14th Jun 2019