November is another big month in gaming with the release of Battlefield V, Fallout 76, and Hitman 2. The Nintendo Switch also sees a stack of new releases like the highly anticipated Diablo III: Eternal Collection and hit Indie titles, Valiant Hearts and Transistor. From Software’s debut VR titles also releases in November as well as over 50 new titles spread across every genre.
The only question is, what will you be playing in November?
Diablo III: Eternal Collection
- Releasing: 02/11 WW
- Platform: Nintendo Switch
- Developer: Blizzard
Diablo III: Eternal Collection brings the full Diablo III experience to the Nintendo Switch which means you can play it on your TV or on-the-go. It includes Diablo III, the Reaper of Souls expansion, and the Rise of the Necromancer pack. The Eternal Collection releases with seven classes; the Crusader, Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, and Wizard. Nintendo Switch exclusives include pieces of Zelda’s world in Sanctuary, the Cucco companion pet, a Triforce portrait frame, the Legend of Ganondorf cosmetic armour set, and the Echoes of the Mask cosmetic wings. The Adventure Mode is also playable on launch day.
You can play Diablo III: Eternal Collection in single-player mode, or with up to four friends online, or offline via local coop. It supports all Switch controller configurations, including single and dual Joy-Con action, as well as Amiibo figures. You can also choose to swap your Joy-Con for a Nintendo Pro Controller.
Overkill’s The Walking Dead
- Releasing: 06/11 NA & 08/11 WW
- Platform: PC/ Consoles – February 2019
- Developer: Overkill Software
Overkill’s The Walking Dead is your next Zombie/Walker-survival fix and is based on The Walking Dead universe originally created by Robert Kirkman. It sees four players fight the living and the dead in a post-apocalyptic Washington D.C. It might just be the co-op game fans of The Walking Dead series have been waiting for. OTWD is played from the first-person view with a strong focus on survival. The four characters are; Aidan, Heather, Maya and Grant. Each character has their own skill tree, squad role, play style and background story. You can level up your character, modify weapons, and craft supplies. If you don’t enjoy your current difficulty level than you can scale it up or down.
Overkill’s The Walking Dead includes gameplay mechanics from different genres; stealth, survival horror and role-playing games.
- Releasing: 11/11 WW
- Platform: PSVR
- Developer: From Software
Déraciné is From Software’s debut VR title and given the studios track record of delivering exceptional games, this is one VR title you don’t want to miss. Unlike the studio’s signature Souls series that is all about lessons in death, Déraciné tells the story of an unseen faerie in a secluded boarding school. Not only is From Software developing its first VR game, but they’re also expanding into a new genre. From Software describes Déraciné as the exploration of “a quiet world teeming with mysteries.”
Déraciné is a classic adventure game but in VR. It sounds like the game plays off in two worlds; one frozen in time, and in the ‘real’ world of the boarding school. Playing as the faerie you bridge these two worlds by uncovering clues that form bonds between these two worlds.
- Releasing: 09/11 (Early Access) & 20/11 WW
- Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One
- Developer: EA DICE
Battlefield V launches on November 20 with eight multiplayer maps, eight game modes, and four War Stories. Grand Operations also releases on launch day, with Battlefield V’s live service, Tides of War, kicking off in December. The battle royale mode, Firestorm releases in March and promises to bring something different to the genre. PC players can expect a server tick rate of 60Hz on day one, and console players 30Hz. DICE changed several of Battlefield’s core gameplay mechanics in Battlefield V, so in some aspects, it’s a very different game than any of its predecessors. We’ve talked about why you should take notice of the specializations changes for guns and vehicles. The refined bullet penetration mechanics and how it affects gameplay. The reworked system for weapons progression, The Company features, everything you need to know about War Stories, and what you can expect on launch day.
We highly recommend that you make use of EA or Origin Access as it not only gives you early access to the front lines from November 9, but it also offers you the chance to play the game at a reduced price before you decide to purchase it.
- Releasing: 13/11 WW
- Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One
- Developer: IO Interactive
We had the honour to chat to Theuns Smit, IO Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Comic Con Africa in September. Hitman 2 focuses on Agent 47’s past and backstory more than any of the previous installments. It promises to make for a much more layered and immersive game. It is the sequel to 2016’s Hitman and follows Agent 47 as he embarks on a mission to hunt the mysterious Shadow Client and disassemble his militia, while also discovering the hidden truth about his past.
When it comes to gameplay, Hitman 2 will have all the signature features; different locations with contracted killings, stealth, using the environment to eliminate targets, and so on. One thing that is different is the new cooperative experience, Sniper Assassin. It is a standalone mode that sees two players take on exciting missions. The mode can also be played in single-player as Agent 47. Hitman 2 releases with six locations and the Elusive Targets mode with Sean Bean as number one on the list. The mission is aptly titled, The Undying.
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy
- Releasing: 13 November 2018
- Platforms: PS4, Xbox One
- Developer: Toys for Bob
The original roast master is back! Same sick burns, same smouldering attitude, now all scaled up in stunning HD. Spyro is bringing the heat like never before in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy game collection. Rekindle the fire with the original three games, Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon. Explore the expansive realms, re-encounter the fiery personalities and relive the adventure in fully remastered glory. Because when there’s a realm that needs saving, there’s only one dragon to call.
- Releasing: 14/11 WW
- Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One
- Developer: Bethesda
Bethesda wants Fallout 76 “to last forever“ and to that end, they will support the game with free updates for years to come. We also know that there will be around 150 hours of side content releasing at launch. It all sounds very promising, but is it still a Fallout game without single-player content and the always online requirement?
At least the S.P.E.C.I.A.L gameplay mechanic that determines your primary statistics is in Fallout 76, albeit with a few differences. S.P.E.C.I.A.L. still stands for Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck, but in Fallout 76, you level up the perks within the different categories with Perk Cards, which is a first for the franchise. The perks are attributes of the primary category and play a vital role in your ability to survive the Wasteland. As you level up, you get a S.P.E.C.I.A.L point to spend on a Perk. The max level is 50, with up to 15 points to spend in a stat. there are hundreds of Perk Cards, and Bethesda wants to encourage players to experiment with the system as much as possible. Perk Cards can also be traded with other players.
Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! + Let’s Go, Pikachu
- Releasing: 16 November 2018
- Platforms: Switch
- Developer: Nintendo
Video Game Releases: November Week 1
- The Quiet Man: PC, PS4 on 01/11 WW
- Transistor: Switch on 01/11 WW
- Speed Brawl: Switch on 01/11 WW
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Heavy Burger: Switch on 01/11 WW
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Night Slashers: Switch on 01/11 WW
- Football Manager 2019: PC, Switch on 02/11 WW
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum’n’Fun!: Switch on 02/11 WW
- Swap This!: Switch on 02/11 WW
- LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Xbox One, Switch on 02/11 WW
- SkyTime: Switch on 05/11 WW
- Moonlighter: Switch on 05/11 WW
- GRIP: PS4, Xbox One, Switch on 06/11 WW
- Transpose VR: Rift, Vive, PSVR on 06/11 WW
- Brawlhalla: Switch, Xbox One on 06/11 WW
- WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA: Switch, PS4, PC on 06/11 WW
- Carnival Games: Switch on 06/11 WW
- ARK: Extinction DLC: PC, PS4, Xbox One on 06/11 WW
- The Shapeshifting Detective: Switch on 06/11 WW
- Leisure Suit Larry – Wet Dreams Don’t Dry: PC on 07/11 WW
- Fluffy Horde: PC on 07/11 WW
- Kursk: PC on 07/11 WW
- Steel Rats: PC, PS4, Xbox One on 07/11 WW
- Holy Potatoes! A Spy Story?!: PC on 07/11 WW
- Varion: Switch on 08/11 WW
- Astebreed: Switch on 08/11 WW
- Battlezone Gold Edition: Switch on 08/11 WW
- MechaNika: Switch on 08/11 WW
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Switch on 08/11 WW
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War: Switch on 08/11 WW
- Rage in Peace: PC on 08/11 WW
- Tetris Effect: PS4 on 09/11 WW
- Anno Domini 2018: Townsmen: Switch on 09/11 WW
- 11-11: Memories Retold: PC, PS4, Xbox One on 09/11 WW
Video Game Releases: November Week 2
- The Room 3: PC on 13/11 WW
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy: PS4, Xbox One on 13/11 WW
- Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus: PC on 15/11 WW
- Underworld Ascendant: PC on 15/11 WW
- The Settlers History Collection: PC on 15/11 WW
- Crayola Scoot: PC on 16/11 WW
- Trailblazers: Switch on 16/11 WW
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Switch on 16/11 WW
Video Game Releases: November Week 3
- Moto Racer 4: Switch on 20/11
- Warframe: Switch on 20/11
- Adventures of Bertram Fiddle Episode 2: A Bleaker Predicament: Switch on 22/11
Video Game Releases: November Week 4
- Artifact: PC on 28/11 WW
- Red Dead Online beta: PS4, Xbox One TBA
- This War of Mine: Complete Edition: Switch TBA
- Cybarian: The Time Travelling Warrior: PC TBA
- Marvel’s Spider-Man DLC 2: Turf Wars: PS4 TBA
Latest posts by Han Cilliers (see all)
- Metro Exodus Goes Gold With New Release Date - 14th Dec 2018
- Artifact Player Base Drops to Almost 20% of Its All-Time Peak - 13th Dec 2018
- Bethesda Screws Up Again, This Time With the Fallout 76 Ultrawide Mode - 13th Dec 2018