Earlier this month, I was a bit shocked when Team Liquid announced that Lasse “Matumbaman” Urpalainen is out of their Dota 2 roster and since then, they’ve been practicing with a replacement. However, the replacement was kept secret until late last night, when Team Liquid announced that Aliwi “w33” Omar would be stepping into their roster starting with upcoming Epicenter Major taking place over the next two weekends.
Fans will probably know Aliwi “w33” Omar best from his The International 2016 run with Digital Chaos. The team went all the way to the grand finals before losing to Wings Gaming. He was also the first player to reach 8000 MMR back in the day and is known for his amazing Meepo play.
Team Liquid’s full roster heading into the Epicenter Major is:
- Aliwi “w33” Omar
- Amer “Miracle-” Al-Barkawi
- Ivan “MindControl” Ivanov
- Maroun “GH” Merhej
- Kuro Salhi “Kuroky-” Takhasomi
Team Liquid made the announcement of w33 joining their roster, explaining that:
This news was first brought to my attention by local Dota 2 player Chaosweaver. It remains to be seen where Matumbaman will end up but I, for one, hope to see him compete with a new team in The International 2019 qualifiers. He is a TI winner after all, so teams will probably fight over him.
What do you think about Team Liquid’s pick to replace Matumbaman? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- FIFA 20 Juventus Changes After PES 2020 Exclusivity Deal - 18th Jul 2019
- StarCraft Cartooned is Nostalgic, Cartoonified Bliss – Hands-On - 18th Jul 2019
- Elon Musk’s Neuralink Unveiled: Brain-Reading and Controlling Tech With Your Mind - 18th Jul 2019