Late last week, Valve released a Dota 2 gameplay update (7.22g) featuring a tonne of nerfs and buffs to various heroes and several items. One of the heroes hit the hardest was Alchemist. In fact, it seems like some people think the hero was nerfed so hard that it made it even appeared in a newspaper article.
Before we get to the newspaper article, in case you didn’t see the Dota 2 gameplay update, Alchemist received the following nerfs:
- Greevil’s Greed gold bonus per stack reduced from 4 to 3
- Chemical Rage no longer provides mana regeneration
- Level 15 Talent reduced from +50 Damage to +30
- Level 25 Talent reduced from -0.2 Chemical Rage Base Attack Time to -0.15
This might not look like a big deal to those not familiar with the Dota 2 hero. However, Alchemist relies heavily on being able to massively out farm the enemy carry, becoming a beast in the midgame if the hero hits his timings correctly. These nerfs should make timings harder to hit especially when you throw in nerfs to Midas and Basic Neutral Creep Bounties, as well as Phase Boots being nerfed a bit as well.
The Alchemist nerf has now appeared in a Peruvian newspaper, Depor, as reported by Reddit user Nantes50 in this post. You can check out the image of the newspaper article below.
A rough translation of the article explains:
The Alchemist had a great showing at TI9 and in the hands of pro players, it can become a devasting force extremely quickly, so the nerfs might have been warranted.
What do you think about Valve nerfing Alchemist this hard and are you a fan of the Dota 2 hero? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Call of Duty: Mobile Release Date Revealed With New Trailer - 19th Sep 2019
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 Could Have a “Major Impact on Video Games” According to Ubisoft - 19th Sep 2019
- Apex Legends Crypto Spotted in The Game - 19th Sep 2019