For me, Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most exciting games ever and that’s before Keanu Reeves walked appeared in the E3 trailer and even walked on stage to announce the release date. Simply breathtaking! However, not everyone is happy with some of the game’s details, such as a gang called “animals” and how the game represents the source material. The Cyberpunk 2077 criticism by some fans have now been addressed by the creator of the universe the game takes place in and he doesn’t pull any punches.
Cyberpunk 2020 creator, Mike Pondsmith, took to Reddit to address Cyberpunk 2077 criticism, first explaining that he is heavily involved in the game’s development with CD Projekt. Cyberpunk 2077 criticism, from the Voodoo Boys to the female character named Sasquatch and more was addressed by Mike Pondsmith in four bullet points as if he shot them out against anyone not happy with the direction the game is taking.
Check out the four points Mr Pondsmith made below:
- If I wasn’t heavily involved, I would be able to get more done. As it is, I barely have a life.
- As for the Animals–the WHOLE FREAKING POINT is that they think of themselves as POWERFUL, DANGEROUS, WILD ANIMALS. You’d have thought the Lady named “Sasquatch” would have given them a clue.
- The original Voodoo Boys were a scathing commentary on cultural appropriation. I LOVE the idea that real practicioners of Voudon moved in and took back their turf. And they even got the Creole right!
- Who the (bleep) do YOU think you are to tell ME whether or not MY creation was done right or not?
To be honest, you can’t really argue with that since Mr Pondsmith is the creator of the source material. However, there will always be those who think they know more than the creator because that’s just the world we live in right now.
What do you think about Mr Pondsmith’s response to Cyberpunk 2077 criticism? Let us know in the comment section below and check out the Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2019 trailer if you haven’t already.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- 50 Fantastic Video Game Deals From South African Stores - 19th Jul 2019
- South African Developed GORN Slashes its Way Out of Steam Early Access - 19th Jul 2019
- Valve Might Reportedly be Working on a New Game Code-Named Citadel - 19th Jul 2019