This morning we reported on the Borderlands 3 leak that revealed the box art, three different versions of the game as well as a Borderlands 3 Collector’s Edition. Gearbox has officially announced the release date, as well as a brand new trailer for the upcoming looter shooter and the leaks, were not wrong. The Borderlands 3 release date is 13 September 2019 as the leaks suggested.
Gearbox released a new trailer alongside the official release date revealing the names of the playable characters. Moze, FL4K, Amara and Zane will be the heroes you will take on the role as in Borderlands 3 and you will go up against the Calypso Twins which were the original two badass people we saw in the first trailer.
- Moze as THE GUNNER: When Moze needs backup she Digistructs her mech – Iron Bear – for a sucker punch of additional firepower.
- Amara as THE SIREN: A confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara uses her Siren powers to smash her enemies.
- FL4K as the BEASTMASTER: FL4K lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master’s every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.
- Zane as the OPERATIVE: Specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there.
The new trailer revealed new weapons and enemies and most of all, all-new action. The trailer ended with the new (pretty iconic) box art as a ship heads into space. This, pointing out that we will be exploring multiple worlds in the next adventure.
Heading to the new official site reveals new information on the game too such as co-op and split screen features.
With bazillions of guns and gadgets, every fight is an opportunity to score new gear. Firearms with self-propelling bullet shields? Check. Rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes? Obviously. Guns that grow legs and chase down enemies while hurling verbal insults? Yeah, got that too.
Play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen co-op, regardless of your level or mission progress. Take down enemies and challenges as a team, but reap rewards that are yours alone – no one misses out on loot.
As for the pricing of the South African pricing, that is not live yet but the Euro pricing for Xbox One and PS4 is as follows:
We will update you as soon as South African pricing and availability is confirmed.
- Borderlands 3 Standard Edition – €69.99
- Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition – €79.98
- Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition – €99.99
- Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition – €253.98
PC players will have to wait until the Epic Store releases the local pricing too as the game will be launching exclusively on the Epic Games Store.
Latest posts by Marco Cocomello (see all)
- Uncharted Movie Loses Director But Still Has Tom Holland - 23rd Aug 2019
- It: Chapter Two Hamper Winners Announced - 23rd Aug 2019
- Gears 5 “Ahead of the Industry” With No Loot Boxes But Still Includes Real-Money Store - 23rd Aug 2019