Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 released on October 12, and it already boasts a few sales records. The developer, Treyarch, dropped the traditional single-player campaign in favour of a brand new battle royale mode, and so far, the gamble is paying off.
Related: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Review
According to Activision, it is now the biggest day-one digital release in the company’s history. That means Black Ops 4 beat both Destiny games as well as every other Call of Duty game in the series.
We have shattered multiple digital day one sales records, and the number of people who connected online on day one to play has grown year on year. But probably the most important thing is that the community is having so much fun across Multiplayer, Zombies and Blackout. We are so incredibly thankful for the community’s trust and support. This is just the beginning, it’s going to be an incredible journey with Black Ops 4.
Call of Duty: World War II held the previous record for biggest day-one digital release. It is also not the only record for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
- New record for biggest day-one sales on PlayStation
- Best-selling Activision day-one title on Xbox
- PC launch-day digital sales double that of last year
- Increase in total number of players to connect online on launch day when compared to 2017’s numbers
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 delivers a fantastic multiplayer experience and the best Zombie mode to date. Read our full review for more info on the latest Call of Duty and make sure to check out our unboxing of the Mystery Box Edition below
Latest posts by Marco Cocomello (see all)
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order Review - 19th Jul 2019
- Fortnite Players Can Now Earn Loot By Watching YouTube Videos - 19th Jul 2019
- The New It: Chapter Two Trailer is Freakishly Gruesome - 19th Jul 2019