Fallout 76 didn’t have the best reception when the game launched but Bethesda has continued to update the game with the latest update released yesterday afternoon with a tonne of changes and some new additions. One of these additions, a Fallout 76 Refrigerator, is the focus of the latest controversy surrounding the game.
Let’s backtrack a little bit, as Bethesda’s Pete Hines said before the game’s launch that you would only be able to spend Atoms (the game’s microtransaction currency) on cosmetic items. Now, that isn’t the case anymore as the Fallout 76 refrigerator, which costs 700 Atoms (roughly R102) does have a gameplay advantage.
The Fallout 76 refrigerator, when placed at your C.A.M.P. spoilage rate of food and drink items by 50% and you can only purchase it in the Atom shop. This is alongside a Collectron Station, which also gives an advantage to players and can only be purchased in the Fallout 76 Atomic shop. Descriptions of these two items read:
- Collectron Station: After building a Collectron Station in C.A.M.P., a Collectron bot will search the nearby area for Scrap and other simple items. Collectron Stations can be unlocked in the Atomic Shop.
- Refrigerators: After building a Refrigerator in C.A.M.P., players can assign food and drink items to it from the Stash to slow their spoilage rate by 50%. Refrigerators can be unlocked in the Atomic Shop.
In comparison, you can get the Fallout 4 Automatron DLC for roughly R150-170 and that includes new items, quests, locations, enemies and more. However, it is the issue of giving those who spend Atoms a gameplay advantage (however small) by spending real money that simply isn’t what Bethesda said the Fallout 76 Atomic shop would be about.
What do you think about a refrigerator costing over R100 and giving a gameplay advantage? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Call of Duty: Mobile Release Date Revealed With New Trailer - 19th Sep 2019
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 Could Have a “Major Impact on Video Games” According to Ubisoft - 19th Sep 2019
- Apex Legends Crypto Spotted in The Game - 19th Sep 2019