We now know how much the iPhone 11 will cost in South Africa but what about the new Apple Watch Series 5? iStore, the South African Apple distributor revealed the pricing structure for the new Apple Watch range including the new reduced price for the Watch Series 3 too.
The Watch Series 5 comes with a range of new features including an always-on display, built-in compass and improved battery life.
- Apple Watch Series 5 40mm GPS Aluminium Case with Sports Band – R7,999 / 44mm GPS Aluminium Case with Sports Band – R8,999
- Apple Watch Nike+ Series 5 40mm GPS Aluminium Case with Sports Band – R7,999 / 44mm GPS Aluminium Case with Sports Band – R8,999
- Apple Watch Series 3 38mm Aluminium Case with Sports Band – R3,999
iStore also revealed the Watch Series 3 will see a massive price drop down to R3,999 which is great news for new adopters of the hardware.
As for the release date, the new Series 5 will release on 4 October 2019 and pre-orders are open from today on the iStore website. iStore claim you can also trade in your current watch for a discount towards a new purchase but details on that program are scarce. The retailer suggests it will give you cashback on your purchase but you will have to head over to the store to get your current watch evaluated.
Of course, the watch range in SA is extremely limited. It seems we will not be receiving the ceramic white model or any of the stainless steel devices either. This is mainly due to the lack of eSIM support in SA which is a requirement for the top-of-the-range devices as the tech is included in them.
Latest posts by Marco Cocomello (see all)
- Rumour – PS5 to Release on 4 December 2020 - 18th Oct 2019
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Will Have a Battle Pass Instead of Loot Boxes - 18th Oct 2019
- Netflix Reveals its Most Popular Shows and Movies of 2019 - 18th Oct 2019