Insomniac just continues to outdo themselves with Marvel’s Spider-Man. The latest update weighs in at 4.7 GB and it is the one that fans of the game have been waiting for. The update adds New Game+ mode, which gives you just another reason to go back to doing everything a spider can. However, the absolute best thing about the update is a photo mode stickers which pokes fun at the PuddleGate controversy. The image above shows this awesome “feature” in action.
If you have no clue what PuddleGate is, then I won’t blame you. Shortly after the release of Marvel’s Spider-Man, a Reddit thread popped up showing comparisons between E3 footage and the full release version. Specifically, the size of a puddle was significantly reduced. So what did some members of the community do? They screamed “downgrade!” of course and some even went as far as to tell others not to get the game anymore.
It was one of the most hilarious and dumb things I’ve seen this year. Insomniac denied accusations of a downgrade and now, a few months later, the developers are poking fun at the whole ordeal. It’s a pretty awesome and lighthearted way if you ask me and hopefully, everyone and their cat has put PuddleGate behind them. Check out the patch notes for the latest update below.
- Added support for “The City That Never Sleeps – The Heist” story pack.
- Added New Game+.
- Added Ultimate difficulty.
- Added 2 new Trophies.
- Added the ability to rotate layers in Photo Mode.
- Added new frames and stickers to Photo Mode.
- Added a shortcut option to trigger Photo Mode via the left directional button.
Fixes & Updates
- Tuned Friendly combat difficulty based on player feedback.
- Added a max health cap of 250 and normalized players.
- Added a potential solution for a crash related to graphical artifacting.
- Addressed an issue where players could respawn inside a building in the Financial District.
- Addressed an issue where animation during cinematics could break due to hard drive streaming.
- Addressed an issue where pedestrians would disappear for a frame in the distance.
- Addressed an issue where combat music would persist in the open world after completing a Sable Base.
- Addressed various additional issues.
In case you haven’t played Marvel’s Spider-Man yet, check out our video review below. While you are at it, tell us what you think about Insomniac’s response to the whole puddle debacle.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Chicken-Themed Fortnite Skin Designed by 8-Year-Old Could Make it to The Game - 19th November 2018
- Virtus.pro Become The Kuala Lumpur Major Champions - 19th November 2018
- Dota 2 Kuala Lumpur Major Finals Taking Place This Weekend - 17th November 2018