Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is doing very well at the moment but that does not mean it is without its issues. Server issues in SA are no doubt bringing down the experience as players struggle to find Blackout matches on Xbox One and PC. Treyarch is determined to fix all the issues in the game in a timely manner and the wave of tweaks are proof of that.
Related: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Review
The latest updates in the game cover not only server issues but Black Market progression and other refinements. The new changelog which was posted on Reddit reveals that Treyarch will be improving Tier progression earn rates across Multiplayer and Blackout for the Black Market as well as delivering stability improvements across the board.
The full changes can be seen below but before we get into that, Treyarch has also unlocked a new game mode called Mercenary Mode in Black Ops 4. In a nutshell, Mercenary Mode is a no-party-allowed game mode that mixes objective-based matches in a playlist. This means that you can only play this mode alone and is great for solo players who are tired of going up against 5-stacks.
The mode is now featured in the game menu as a playlist so give it a go if you are alone and see how the pace of the game changes.
Check out all the latest tweaks and changes in the game changelog below;
- Black Market
- Fixes and improvements to Tier progression earn rate across all modes of Multiplayer and Blackout.
- General stability improvements across Multiplayer, Blackout, and Zombies.
- Black Market
- Playlist Updates
- Weekly rotation of Featured category of playlists:
- Added “Mercenary Capture Moshpit” playlist added to Featured Playlist (5v5 Domination, Hardpoint, and Control with no Parties).
- Added “Hardcore Control” playlist added to the Featured Category.
- Added “Search and Destroy” playlist to Featured Category.
- Resolved an issue causing a UI Error in the After Action Report for Master Prestige players.
- Resolved an issue with the “Nuked Out” Calling Card not properly unlocking in the Hardcore Free For All playlist.
- Resolved an issue where players were able to get permanent 200 Health if two players using Crash used the Tak-5.
- Search and Destroy
- Resolved an issue where users could spectate the enemy team by changing classes during their Kill Cam.
- After Action Report
- Resolved an issue that sometimes led to a black screen during the After Action Report.
- After Action Report
- Resolved an issue where War Paints were not showing up in the reward stream until they were unlocked.
- Multiple crash fixes.
We’ve also made the following update specific to PC:
- Memory Leak Fix
- Fixed memory leak issues that eventually caused the game to close with an error.
We’re also currently tracking the following recent topics to address in future updates:
- Blackout Audio Adjustments
- We are making several updates to audio in Blackout based upon our testing and feedback from the community to deliver the soundscape our players expect in Blackout. Look for this update to drop in the next week.
- Blackout Quads Performance
- We’re continuing to investigate occasional hitches in performance in Blackout Quads playlists, particularly on Xbox One. As we’ve mentioned before, though this hasn’t proven easily replicable during testing, we’re committed to tracking down the cause and squashing it.
- Zombies Hosts Ending Matches
- We’re aware that matches in Zombies have been ending when the host leaves the game, and we’re planning a future update to address this. Thanks for your patience as we work on the solution.
Latest posts by Marco Cocomello (see all)
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Review - 12th November 2018
- Who Won Our LEGO and Fantastic Beasts Competition? - 12th November 2018
- Sony Patents “Remastering by Emulation” Hinting at PS5 Backward Compatibility - 12th November 2018