Before the release of Marvel’s Spider-Man, the only developer that really got superhero games right was Rocksteady. The awesome Batman Arkham series of titles were, for the most part (sorry Arkham Knight) unforgettable. Now, a rumour suggests that Rocksteady might be working on a next-gen Justice League game set in the Batman Arkham universe. DC fans: Initiate uncontrollable drooling.
Rumoured Justice League Game
First off, the rumour originated from a poster on 4chan and was then detailed by a Reddit user here. Keep in mind that you should always take rumours such as this one with a large helping of salt, but this rumour does have some teeth. Apparently, the game could be called Justice League: Crisis and it was found that justiceleaguecrisis.com is owned by WB, and was recently updated this year.
Further, there have been quite a few new Rocksteady positions opening up for hiring people for a “next-gen” title and requiring those with “broad comic book knowledge”. Lastly, according to Redditor VirgilHawking17, the moderators at /r/BatmanArkham took the post about the rumoured Justice League game down instead of what they normally do, simply stating that “Posts like these should go under the rumour/leaks thread”. This all points towards that this rumour very likely does hold some truth to it.
The rumour suggests the following information about the Justice League game:
- Possible titles – Justice League: Crisis, Justice League: New Crisis, Justice League: Infinite Crisis. Seems they haven’t settled on a title yet, but they have a new staple in Crisis. Kind of like how Arkham was to their Batman series.
- Systems – Xbox Scarlett/PS5/PC. You’ll hear more details on Xbox’s new system later this year with a full reveal early 2019. PS5 will be announced in early 2019 as well.
- Type – Single Player/Co-op. You can switch between characters like in Arkham Knight. The campaign can be played both ways, but there’s also a different game mode catered to multiplayer. Also, it’s GaaS, so expect a ton of DLC content. They’re gonna have something similar to Hitman with episodic DLC.
- Characters – Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash(Pretty sure it’s Wally), Green Lantern(Hal), Cyborg, Aquaman.
- Cities – Metropolis, Gotham, Keystone(why I said it’s probably Wally), more others through DLC. Each city is a bit bigger than AK, and just as detailed.
- Villains – Main big bad is Starro. As the episodic stuff rolls out you’ll see Brainiac and even Darkseid.
- Story – All the heroes are pretty early on in their careers. Batman’s still considered an urban legend to anyone outside of Gotham, Superman isn’t the “world protector” yet, and WW is still on Themyscira. Aquaman’s still in the sea, GL is in space, and Wally isn’t even a hero yet.
- Gameplay – From what I hear, it plays just like the Arkham games, except more refined and “opened up”. Guessing that’s for the heroes that can fly and such.
- DLC – A lot of the DLC will have new cities and new playable characters. Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter and probably a lot more. They’re expecting this game to last for years, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this game ended up being like Destiny in the sense that it gets updated constantly.
Another cool finding in the above-mentioned Reddit thread is that Starro is actually hinted at in the Batman Arkham Knight Bat Girl DLC via an Easter Egg.
Check out the video from YouTube channel Batman Arkham Videos below and then tell us what you think about this rumour in the comment section.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Dota 2 Kuala Lumpur Major Finals Taking Place This Weekend - 17th November 2018
- The Astro C40 TR Unveiled: An Elite Controller for PS4 & PC That Looks Incredible - 16th November 2018
- Dota 2 Pro Who Made Racist Remarks Now Without a Team - 16th November 2018