Latest posts by GlitchedAfrica (see all)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 gets a bunch of glorious new screens showcasing the gang and lots more - 13th September 2018
- South Park: The Fractured but Whole – Nintendo Switch Review - 13th September 2018
- Watch the first episode of Glitched season 2 -Far Cry SA launch, esports and more - 13th September 2018
Red Dead Redemption 2 is a few months away. Just last week the release date for the game was announced which revealed the upcoming open-world western would land on PS4 and Xbox One on 26 October 2018. The latest leak suggests that the online component would have a Battle Royale mode. There are also new gameplay information and details about the online and single-player modes.
According to Trusted Reviews, they received a massive Red Dead Redemption 2 leak back in August last year. They decided to sit on the documents until they had more evidence that the information was correct. Since then, Rockstar confirmed a lot of the information contained in the leak by posting in-game screenshots that Trusted Reviews already had in their possession. It is not exact replicas of the official images, but thee can be no doubt that it shows the same characters.
Convinced of the authenticity of the leak, Trusted Reviews now released the rest of the information. Below is a summary of the leak.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Leak
Online will have four modes:
- Battle Royale
- Money Grab
According to Trusted Reviews, the “Revive” and “Survive” modes is similar to the traditional Team Deathmatch as it pits two teams against each other – but with the added mechanic that players will have a limited time to revive a fallen comrade. It remains to be seen if Rockstar will capitalize on the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and Fortnite Battle Royale success. From what I understand, “Money Grab” is similar to the tradition Capture the Flag mode, but instead of a flag, there will be money bags that teams must return to their base.
The documents also indicate that the online component will resemble the free roam of Rockstar's Grand Theft Online, but with a lot more depth and detail. It sounds like the AI will interact with the game world more; e/g/ pack away the items on display
- Mini-poker game to launch with the RDR2 companion app
- Challenge missions include fishing, mining, herding, horsemanship and weapons
- Visit the Slums market to purchase weapons and materials at a reduced price
- Vehicles include minecarts, wagons, handcarts and carriages
- Railway line as means of transport with its own NPC's and stories
- Crafting and herb gathering is back with fishing as a new activity
- Online and the single-player campaign will include
- Dead Eye mechanic returns
- Bounty hunting quests, treasures hunts and more
- Mission outcomes depend on interactions with specific NPC's
- Wanted level indicated by a meter that is calculated by player actions
The above leak suggests a richly layered world and one I can only dream of exploring on PC. Until then we should take all this as just a rumour and wait until more information is announced.