Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XV was released in November 2016 and since then, the game has gotten better and better with new additions and a tonne of updates. The game just keeps getting better with age and will finally arrive on PC come 6 March 2018, so put your PC through the benchmark test. Since it is Valentine’s Day, the image above is one the developer shared for the day of love.
Last month, the Royal Edition was announced, which comes with all the content of the Season Pass, as well as a tonne of new things, including a First-Person Mode, new gear, bosses and even a dungeon. However, the exact pricing to upgrade your game to the Royal Edition on PS4 and Xbox One is still unknown.
Now, it looks like the Royal Edition might be even more of a necessary upgrade for those who own the game and definitely the definitive
The news comes from the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Exhibition, where a developer panel shared interesting information about the game’s development and more. The panel was reported on Twitter by user つばさ and the details were posted on Reddit by user
Warning: Spoilers to follow, so if you haven’t played the game yet, then don’t read the info below.
Final Fantasy XV development details – Spoilers!
- “Because Ignis's characterization was more difficult to get across compared to Prompto and Gladio's, his screen time in Chapter 1 was increased (ex: Ignis pulling Noctis by the shoulder).
- Ignis's tours were more difficult to come up with than Prompto and Gladio's. They couldn't come up with anything apart from cooking, so they used the word “glasses” as a starting point in the brainstorming stage.
- The car-pushing event at the beginning of Chapter 1 was initially going to be 15 minutes long.
- To increase the feelings of excitement and anticipation that a journey entails, the Rock of Ravatogh was made to be visible while the player pushes the car in Chapter 1.
- In Chapter 3, it was initially assumed that there would be more people going to Iris in Lestallum than to the Chocobos, but it turned out to be the other way around.
- There will be voice lines exclusive to the quest “The Sword in the Waterfall” (t/n: also in Chapter 3).
- Various additions
inthe Royal Edition will supplement the main story.
- The team couldn't go into detail, but there will be another update in March.
- Episode Duscae was originally going to be “Episode Titan,” but it was later changed to be a demo
centeredaround an open-world experience.
- A new map in Chapter 14 of Insomnia was confirmed to be included in the Royal Edition.
- A scene that was cut from the main game in which Gladio flirts with Sania in Hammerhead was added to the FFXV Pocket Edition.
- Other conversations that were cut from the main game will also be in FFXV PE.
- It was originally planned for players to be able to craft items in the trunk of the Regalia. For example, if you put meat into it, it would become jerky. Though this was not implemented, it evolved into plans for an event in which Cindy puts luggage into the trunk. Ultimately, the trunk was cut from the game.
- Episode Ignis was going to be like a strategy-based/”command” RPG (t/n: think games like Dragon Age). Final Fantasy Tactics was also taken into consideration, but this made battles rather boring, so it became what it is now.
- Battle commands in Comrades were discussed. The team also shared problems and funny anecdotes that came up when they were developing the commands.
- Noctis was originally going to have a bachelor party in Galdin Quay, but because of Tabata, it was deemed that it would be hard to actually relax under the circumstances and was cut. (t/n: assuming そらはない is 空がない, which means something like “restless atmosphere”)
- The multiple endings of Episode Ignis were troubling at the beginning. There was also debate over what would happen upon putting on the ring. The team started developing from the idea that loss of vision was not a just an aesthetic choice. As for the multiple endings, because the ending of the main game was already good, the alternate ending carries a sense of denial.
- Other rejected ideas include one where
adamantitewas a necessary component of the boat.On Comrades: “all of it is Carbungle'sfault” lol
- There seem to
be plansto change the graphics of Behemoths, Bombs, and Flans.
- The team was very fastidious about roadside props/accessories.
- It was not discussed very clearly, but there was
talkof Glaives in Insomnia.
- The appearance of Coeurls was
dialedback for the sake of balance because they were too strong.” – Source
What do you think about all the development details revealed and that the Royal Edition will have more story content? Let us know in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Dota 2 Kuala Lumpur Major Finals Taking Place This Weekend - 17th November 2018
- The Astro C40 TR Unveiled: An Elite Controller for PS4 & PC That Looks Incredible - 16th November 2018
- Dota 2 Pro Who Made Racist Remarks Now Without a Team - 16th November 2018