There can be no doubt that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is a roaring success, and that while still only available on a single platform while not even a finished game. PUBG will release as a complete version for PC later this year, as well as a planned release for Xbox One via the Xbox Preview Program. The million dollar question remains – will the king of battle royale roll out on PlayStation 4?
There has been some speculation before that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds might release on PlayStation 4, but the developer, Bluehole, hasn't confirmed anything, until recently. In an interview with Bloomberg.com, PUBG creator Brendan Greene and Bluehole Founder Chang Byung-
“Chang says his company has had talks with all of the major console companies about bringing PUBG to a broader audience. Microsoft Corp. will launch the title exclusively on Xbox later this year. Bluehole is in talks with Sony about introducing a version for the PlayStation after that, reports Bloomberg.
In other PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds expansion news, Bluehole recently founded a new subsidiary with the sole purpose of managing the unexpected success of the game. The new company is called PUBG Corp, with Chang Han Kim as the CEO. They'll focus on development and support for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
Lastly, Bluehole is also in talks with Tencent, one of the world's largest Internet companies with the likes of League of Legends in their portfolio, about a publishing agreement for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
More about PUBG
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' latest weekly update is all about fixes
- PUBG: Exciting future plans revealed including progression systems and much more
- Report: The current face of the PC games market
Latest posts by Han Cilliers (see all)
- God of War & Fortnite Win Big at the Golden Joystick Awards - 19th November 2018
- Three Fallout 76 Nukes Dropped Simultaneously, Crashing The Server - 19th November 2018
- Star Citizen Crowdfunding Shoots Past the $200M Barrier - 18th November 2018