Destiny 2's console launch is almost upon us, and there's a lot to know before you enter the digital playground. We've collected all the most important details for you in one article, so make sure to pin it for quick access.
Destiny 2: Most Important Details
The most important thing to do is to join a Destiny 2 clan, as Bungie will launch the Guide Games beta where clans will have access to the Nightfall. “During the Guided Games Beta period, we need your Clans to fully test the system at scale. All Clans will be able to guide solo players, so once you’ve mastered the Nightfall, Fireteam up and guide solo players to the highest heights, ” explains Bungie. “We’re going to roll out Guided Games as a limited-access ‘soft beta’, where only a select number of solo players will be able to use Guided Games for the Nightfall.”
- Join MWEB GameZone's Destiny 2 Clan: Mystic Marshmallows
- PS4 download size: 30.87GB
- PS4 pre-load time: Open
- Xbox One download size: 32.15GB
- Xbox One pre-load time: Open
- Server launch time:
12AM– 6 September South African time
- Nightfall: Ready at launch
- Nightfall Clan Guided Games: September 12th,
- Nightfall and Raid Guided Games: September 26th,
- First Raid: 10 am PT on 13 September
- Trials: 10 am PT on 15 September
MWEB GameZone is also giving away a Destiny 2 Collector's Edition, and tickets to the launch event we're hosting a launch event. You can check out the video below for more details.
- Destiny 2 Collector's Edition Entries close on September 8
- Destiny 2 SA launch takes place this coming
Destiny 2 – Other Details
- 260: Max standard power level cap (reached through doing the weekly milestones).
- 40: Extra levels open after the 260 cap
- 300: Ultimate power level cap
- 20: Guardian character level cap
- Silver: Currency to purchase cosmetics
- 9.99$ to purchase 1000 Silver
- 19.99$ to purchase 2000 Silver
Players can also dismantle items to gain Bright Dust and Glimmer which is the in-game currency to purchase those important upgraded gear.
- Legendary shards: In-game currency to purchase exotic items from Xur
- Glimmer: Through Loot crates
Talking about loot, check out the video below for places where you'll find hidden loot in Destiny 2's “Lost Sectors.”
As you can see, these are secret areas that won't show on any map. It's up to you to search and find (then share with your clan mates).
Destiny 2: If you run into trouble
If you struggle with anything during the launch, then these are your contacts:
- Help.Bungie.net: Troubleshooting guides & general support documentation
- @BungieHelp: Bungie Twitter support channel
- #Help Forum: Where players may go to report issues
Destiny 2 launches for PS4 and Xbox One on September 6, and for PC on October 24. Will you be joining the Guardians?
More about Destiny 2
- Destiny 2 on PC is an overwhelming experience
- Destiny 2 will have over 80 missions and 50 hours of story content
- Destiny 2: Warlock's lack of self-res will force players to engage in combat more
Latest posts by Han Cilliers (see all)
- Telltale Liquidation Reportedly Underway & Steam Starts to Remove Telltale Games - 16th November 2018
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Gets First Teaser Trailer & New Details - 16th November 2018
- First Battlefield V Update Brings Major Fixes & Ray Tracing Support - 15th November 2018