South Africa’s biggest annual video gaming, computer, technology and geek culture exhibition, the rAge Expo, kicks off next month. I’ve been to multiple rAge Expos over the years and it is, without a doubt, an experience you will never forget.
This year is even more special, as rAge is celebrating its 15-year anniversary. Every year, the expo just gets better and better, so there is a lot to look forward to. MWEB, along with OMEN by HP, Intel and Aruba are sponsoring the NAG LAN, South Africa's biggest BYOC LAN event, so we simply couldn’t be more excited.
The Press Release for the rAge Expo explains the celebration and a massive prize that attendees could walk away with:
“As rAge prepares to celebrate 15 years of awesome gaming, technology, gadgets and all things geek, exhibitors and visitors are gearing up for a festival of fun like never before. To celebrate #15yearsofawesome, rAge and NAG have added a little extra to the mix.
There’s a massive prize giveaway (valued at over R100,000.00) for visitors to potentially win. Details on this ‘once in a rAge lifetime’ competition are available on the NAG website, or look out for the Prize Box at Entrance 1 to The Ticketpro Dome, which will be filled with all the awesome goodies that have been sponsored by the rAge exhibitors.“
That sounds absolutely fantastic, so you probably want to know exactly when, where and how much the tickets will cost.
Important rAge 2017 Info
- Dates: 6 October – 8 October 2017
- Show times: Friday from 10:00 to 18:00 | Saturday from 09:00 to 18:00 | Sunday for 09:00 to 16:00
- Day Ticket: R120 per person (tickets available at the door or via Ticketpro outlets)
- Weekend Ticket: R300 per person (tickets available at the door or via Ticketpro outlets)
- Kids under 6 years old: Free entry
- Location: Ticketpro Dome | Cnr Olievenhout Avenue and Northumberland Road | Northriding, Johannesburg | GPS: 26 03’48.39”S / 27
According to the Press Release, Michael James, the Senior Project Manager of rAge, talks about the wild ride that has been 15 years of rAge:
“15 years of rAge. Wow. I remember a line from the movie Meet Joe Black, where Anthony Hopkins talks about getting older, and he says, “65 years. Don't they go by in a blink?” It’s always a rollercoaster ride getting to rAge each year. So much hard work by so many people isn’t something you forget easily, nor is it something that goes by in a blink.
It’s been one hell of a journey from our first terrifying event back in 2002 to what we’re doing now in 2017, an incredible 15 years later. It’s still terrifying, but always amazing, always exciting, always a learning experience that’s different each year. It’s a bit obvious and clichéd to say I look forward to the next 15, but I really do. I love this job. I wouldn’t do anything else.”
From eSports to cosplay and exhibitions, rAge 2017 is something no gamer should miss if they are able to attend. There is something for everyone and there is no doubt in my mind that this year’s rAge is going to be spectacular.
Will you be joining in the celebration of everything awesome at rAge 2017? Let us know in the comment section below and tell us about your previous rAge experiences.
Source: Press Release
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Top 50 Video Game Deals From South African Stores - 19th November 2018
- Chicken-Themed Fortnite Skin Designed by 8-Year-Old Could Make it to The Game - 19th November 2018
- Virtus.pro Become The Kuala Lumpur Major Champions - 19th November 2018