Overwatch is one of our favourite multiplayer games to play and the game is just getting better and better, with the most recent example being the massive update that introduced the new map,
Now, I am pleased to report that those who repeatedly ruin other players’ time in Competitive Play will get slapped with a permanent ban. Overwatch community manager, Josh Engen, took to the game’s forums on Battle.net, announcing that permanent Competitive Play bans are incoming, explaining that:
“Over the last few months, we’ve made several changes to the game as part of our ongoing effort to build a better, more welcoming experience. These changes include increasing the severity of penalties for poor in-game
Next week, we’re taking another step to help reduce unwelcome
The best thing about all this is that the seasonal and permanent bans will not decay over time. What this means is that if a player incurs their third seasonal ban, no matter how much time has passed between bans, they will be eligible for a permanent ban from Competitive Play. This permanent ban will be, well, permanent, which means that the account won’t be able to return to good standing.
What do you think about the implementation of permanent bans for repeat offenders in Overwatch’s Competitive Play? Let us know in the comment section below.
Read more about Overwatch:
- Overwatch update brings
Junkertown, Mercy overhaul and lots more
- Overwatch ban complaint inadvertently reveals serious issues within the system
- Overwatch: A guide to dealing with high latency
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- Top 50 Video Game Deals From South African Stores - 19th November 2018
- Chicken-Themed Fortnite Skin Designed by 8-Year-Old Could Make it to The Game - 19th November 2018
- Virtus.pro Become The Kuala Lumpur Major Champions - 19th November 2018