Some Pokémon GO Trainers have been unable to log into the servers for a few hours, and as compensation, Niantic decided to extend the current in-game event. We don't know why the servers were down, only that full functionality has been restored
“Early this morning, we discovered an issue which prevented several players from logging into the game. After working with our partners, we were able to resolve the issue and can now confirm that login functionality has fully stabilized,” announced Niantic on the Pokémon GO Facebook page.
The Equinox event kicked off on September 22 and was scheduled to come to an end on October 02. “As a result of this outage, the equinox celebration will be extended by 24-hours and will now end at 1:00 P.M. PDT on October 3,” continues Niantic.
For those Trainers who need a reminder of what's going down during the event:
- Earn double stardust when you catch Pokémon and hatch Eggs
- Collect special 2 km Eggs at PokéStops and Gyms that could spawn Chansey, Mareep, Larvitar, and other.
- Purchase special boxes from the in-game shop that feature items like Lucky Eggs, Lure Modules, and all-new Super Incubators which hatch Eggs 1.5 times faster,
- Register a new Pokémon in your Pokédex during this event to earn triple the normal XP
South African Trainers have only four days left to catch Legendary Pokémon Entei, from October 1 the rotation shifts to either Raikou or Suicune.
Source: Pokémon GO Facebook
Latest posts by Han Cilliers (see all)
- Telltale Liquidation Reportedly Underway & Steam Starts to Remove Telltale Games - 16th November 2018
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Gets First Teaser Trailer & New Details - 16th November 2018
- First Battlefield V Update Brings Major Fixes & Ray Tracing Support - 15th November 2018