Spring is in the air, or if you're a South African, it feels more like Summer, and Niantic wants you to get out and do some walking. As bait, they have the Equinox event that will see Trainers catch special eggs and earn double stardust in Pokémon GO.
“With cool autumn nights quickly approaching in the Northern Hemisphere and sunny spring days arriving in the Southern Hemisphere, we thought it would be the perfect time to celebrate the coming equinox with an in-game event,” announced Niantic. “New seasons mean new adventures!”
Pokémon GO Equinox event
- Start time: 13:00 PDT on 22 September
- End time: 13:00 PDT on 02 October
- Earn double stardust when you catch Pokémon and hatch Eggs
- Collect special 2 km Eggs at PokéStops and Gyms that could spawn Chansey, Mareep, Larvitar, and other.
- Purchase special boxes from the in-game shop that feature items like Lucky Eggs, Lure Modules, and all-new Super Incubators which hatch Eggs 1.5 times faster,
- Register a new Pokémon in your Pokédex during this event to earn triple the normal XP.
Remember that you only have until the end of September to catch Legendary Pokémon; Raikou, Entei, and Suicune in your respective region – for South Africans it's Entei. From October 1 the rotation kicks in, so we'll be able to catch either Raikou or Suicune
More about Pokémon GO
Latest posts by Han Cilliers (see all)
- Three Fallout 76 Nukes Dropped Simultaneously, Crashing The Server - 19th November 2018
- Star Citizen Crowdfunding Shoots Past the $200M Barrier - 18th November 2018
- Bethesda Outlines the Fallout 76 Update Schedule - 18th November 2018