Although we don’t know exactly when the Xbox One X will release in South Africa or how much it will cost, we can’t help but get excited for the most powerful console ever created. As game reviewers, we love recording clips of our gameplay and putting it up on our YouTube channel for everyone to enjoy. For content creators or just about every gamer that wants to show off their gameplay recordings, the quality of the video is of the utmost importance.
For those of you who use the Xbox One’s Game DVR and plan on getting an Xbox One X, we have some great news for you. The Xbox One X will be able to record 4K video at 60Hz with HDR, which means you will have the beautiful colours of HDR, coupled with 4K video running at 60 FPS!
The news comes directly from Microsoft’s Mike Ybarra, the Corporate Vice President of Xbox and Windows gaming platform, when asked: “Can the DVR on the X record 4K 60hz inc HDR?” Mr Ybarra replied with a short and sweet “yes”. Check out the Tweet from Mr Ybarra below, confirmed that the Xbox One X will indeed record in 4K at 60Hz with HDR.
For someone like me who plan to get an Xbox One X and record game clips for reviews and YouTube purposes, the news is fantastic. What this means for our readers and gamers everywhere is that they will be able to see the full quality of the Xbox One X experience in videos, which is likely a powerful motivator to get Microsoft’s powerful new console.
Do you make use of Game DVR and what do you think about the confirmed capabilities of the Xbox One X? Let us know in the comment section below.
Read more about Xbox:
- Xbox Store Highlights: Offers you won't be able to refuse
- The Xbox One X has many unannounced games in development according to Microsoft
- Xbox One X South African release date and pricing still to be confirmed by Microsoft – R7499 removed off ZA site
Latest posts by Sillicur (see all)
- The Astro C40 TR Unveiled: An Elite Controller for PS4 & PC That Looks Incredible - 16th November 2018
- Dota 2 Pro Who Made Racist Remarks Now Without a Team - 16th November 2018
- Mouse & Keyboard Support Comes to the Xbox One With Fortnite Leading the Way - 16th November 2018