We all know that PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is a phenomenal success, and the game is only still in its Early Access phase, and yet to release on Xbox One. Just over a week ago it breached the 500 000 concurrent player mark on Steam, and a quick look at the latest stats show that it has grown past the 600 000 mark in just seven days, thereby pushing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive from second to third place.
It's not the only interesting number. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds developer, Bluehole Studio Inc. shared some very interesting stats with IGN, like the longest shot, most-used weapon, and lots more. Below is a summary, you can check out the full details on IGN here.
Data collected: 32 March 2017 to 19 July 2017.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds by the numbers
- Longest shot: 6 766 meters
- 56.97% of all kills came from Assault Rifles
- 8.03% of all kills came from Sniper Rifles
- 103 Million Assault Rifle kills came from the M16A4
- 27.1 Million Sniper Rifle kills came from the SKS
- 12 Million total melee kills
- 94.1 Million grenade kills
- 147 Million vehicle kills / 138 Million was hit by a vehicle / 9.33 deaths by vehicle explosions
- 703 Million gun kills
- 5.4 Million deaths reported from the Blue Zone
- 4.32 Million deaths reported from the Red Zone
- 2 307 042 079 217 Total meters walked by players
- 1.2 Km travelled by foot
- 1 Billion km travelled by vehicle
- 1/6000 Players won a chicken dinner on their first game
Talk about crazy numbers! PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is expected to have a full release on PC before the end of the year, while Xbox One players will enter the Battlegrounds later this year via the Xbox Preview Program. Still, no word of a PlayStation 4 release, although Bluehole Studio hinted at the possibility.
The first-person mode released recently, and players are raving about it. Below is a video by YouTuber, JackFrags, showing why “First person duos” are now his “favourite game mode.”
Latest posts by Han Cilliers (see all)
- Three Fallout 76 Nukes Dropped Simultaneously, Crashing The Server - 19th November 2018
- Star Citizen Crowdfunding Shoots Past the $200M Barrier - 18th November 2018
- Bethesda Outlines the Fallout 76 Update Schedule - 18th November 2018