Earlier this week, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds received a massive update which included the much-needed Rules of Conduct, first-person perspective servers, and other bug fixes. Unfortunately, many players reported sever lag after the update – which has now been fixed. In other news, the game also reached an impressive new Steam record.
“We've pushed an hotfix to the servers that should fix the issues seen since the update yesterday. Thank you for your patience!” announced PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds via Twitter. The hotfix came just 24 hours after the patch released, even though the developer stated earlier that it “will not be an easy fix.”
When you have thousands playing your game you don't want to keep them waiting too long, so well done on the quick fix. Talking about big numbers, not only did PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds beat Fallout 4 last week as the most played non-Valve game on Steam, but it also just breached the 500 000 concurrent players on Steam.
If you check under your Steam Stats tab, you'll see the exact number that peaked at 523,436 players. The only other two games that currently boasts over 500 000 current players are both Valve games; Dota 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The next game on the list is Sony's H1Z1: King of the Kill with only 141,786 under the belt.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is only just still in Early Access phase! It's safe to say the game is a phenomenon, and if you've not yet played the game, then grab it on Steam for R319. It has quite the South African player base, and we can confirm that it plays beautifully with a local connection. The full game is expected to release on PC before the end of Q4 2017 on PC, with Xbox One players getting their first taste of the action later this year via the Xbox Preview Program. There is no official confirmation of a PlayStation 4 release – although we know that the developer hasn't ruled out that possibility.
Read more about PUBG
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds lays down the law of the land
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds: How long the developer plans to support the game
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds massive update detailed and about microtransactions
Latest posts by Han Cilliers (see all)
- Telltale Liquidation Reportedly Underway & Steam Starts to Remove Telltale Games - 16th November 2018
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Gets First Teaser Trailer & New Details - 16th November 2018
- First Battlefield V Update Brings Major Fixes & Ray Tracing Support - 15th November 2018